1 Coastguard Cottage,
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke free property
- Bedrooms 3
- Short Breaks Yes
- Pets allowed Yes (£25 each per week)
- Changeover day Friday
- Property Code 1COAST
- Nearby beach
- Nearby shop
- Nearby pub
- Village location
- Designated Parking
- 2+ bathrooms
- Central Heating
- Open fire
- Garden/Outside space
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Non Smoking
- Security Deposit
- Nearby golf facilities
1 Coastguard Cottage is an attractive, end of terrace, character cottage tucked in the heart of the charming seaside village of Hope Cove, one of the most popular holiday spots in South Devon. One of five cottages, originally late 19th Century Coastguard cottages, this delightful, refurbished, very comfortably furnished spacious holiday cottage is a minute’s walk from the wonderful sandy beach of Inner Hope with sea views from the upstairs landing and the garden. This is a great base for a beach holiday. For the more energetic there are wonderful cliff walks along the many footpaths in the area and endless opportunities to explore the villages and seaside of this glorious part of the South Hams.
Entrance at rear of property into a spacious family room with table football, beanbags and wood flooring that extends throughout the ground floor, a fireplace (not operative) and plenty of space for wet suits, boots etc. Adjacent shower room with luxury double shower, basin, WC and heated towel rail - ideal when coming in from the beach. Door through to kitchen/diner with farmhouse dining table to seat 6, an oil fired Rayburn for central heating and equipped with a range of fitted cupboards, electric double oven and 4 ring hob, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, and microwave. Utility room housing washing machine and dryer. Large south facing sitting room with open fireplace, L shaped sofa and flat screen TV/DVD. Carpeted stairs from the family room lead up to the landing. Master bedroom with 4ft 6in bed and pine furniture. Twin bedroom with 3ft beds and pretty bedroom furniture. This rooms leads through to another double bedroom with 6ft zip linked double bed that can be separated as two 3ft beds. There is space in this room for a cot. The very smart family bathroom has a double ended bath, basin and WC.
The small sheltered garden, provided with picnic bench, has views to the sea. There is a path across the front of the cottage giving access to the other cottages in the row.
Parking: One allocated parking space. Further fee paying parking 2 minutes walk.
- Included: Bed linen (not towels), WiFi (excessive use of WiFi will result in deduction from Security Deposit), travel cot, stair gate and high chair, central heating (oil ) and electricity.
- Security Deposit: £150 payable to the owner.
- Pets: One well behaved dog welcome.
- Telephone: With honesty box. Mobile reception poor.
- Local Facilities: Beach 1 minute walk. Pub and shop 300 yards. Kingsbridge 5 miles. Salcombe 4 miles.
- Hope Cove is a natural harbour, and as such provides one of the best beaches in all of the South West.
- Inner and Outer Hope benefit from a great location 2 miles outside of Salcombe, with Kingsbridge also within a 20 minute drive.
- Just inland from the beach you'll find the village shop and local pub, where you can get your groceries, stop for a bite to drink or have a refreshing drink while looking out across the cove.
Whether you’re kite surfing, paddleboarding or wild swimming, South Devon provides fantastically scenic opportunities for trying out all sorts of adventure sports.
Walk the miles of stunning South West Coast Path with your four-legged friend, stopping off in quaint villages and deserted coves.
Devon boasts Britain’s Ocean City, Plymouth, steeped in seafaring history, or for a spot of retail therapy why not visit historic Exeter.
You’ll feel closer to nature whilst in Devon, but if you fancy a more exotic experience, try Paignton Zoo or the National Marine Aquarium for great family days out.
Explore the quaint villages, miles of beaches and walk the coast path in South Devon, making sure you stop off for a cream tea en route!
Property reviews for 1 Coastguard CottageThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.