- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Short Breaks: No
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code 1MOONS
- Log Burner
- Golf Course nearby
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
Moonsmead is a terraced cottage prominently situated in the colourful and lively town of Modbury in South Devon. Part of a listed building over 300 years old, Moonsmead sits back above the high street close to centre of the town. Having been carefully modernised with the addition of a recently refurbished kitchen and bathroom it retains much of its original charm and character and within a short walking distance are an excellent variety of shops, cafés, pubs and restaurants. Modbury recently earned itself international acclaim as ‘The world’s first plastic bag free zone’, although historically its origins go as far back as the 8th century. Surrounded by open countryside and close to Dartmoor National Park, it is very well placed for some of the best sandy beaches, surf and stunning coastal scenery around the South Hams.
Shared outer hallway. Front door leading into open plan living/dining room and kitchen with 3 seater leather sofa, armchair and footstool, woodburner inset into stone fireplace, TV/DVD, circular dining table seating up to 6. Step down into kitchen with built-in electric oven, gas hob, polished woodblock worktops, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and CD/MP3 player. Wide staircase to landing with room for a cot. Double bedroom with 5ft bed. Twin bedroom with 3ft zip linked beds. Bathroom with corner bath, shower over, basin and WC.
A secluded terrace garden is at the back of cottage reached by a shared communal path. Table and chairs provided with a barbecue.
Parking: Private off road parking for one car.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, cot, high chair, electricity, central heating (gas)and free supply of logs.
- Pets: Dogs welcome with £50 per dog security deposit payable to owner.
- Telephone: No telephone. Payphone 3 minutes walk. Mobile reception fair/variable depending on network. The cottage is in a BT FON area so WiFi signal is available (FON charges would apply).
- Local Facilities: Beaches 3 miles.
- Shops all within 2 minutes walk. Pubs and restaurants within 2 - 5 minutes walk. Kingsbridge 8 miles, Salcombe 12 miles.
- The small town of Modbury offers plenty of local amenities, from a post office and bank, to a Co-Op where you can pick up your weekly supplies. There's even a blacksmith in town!
- The sandy beaches of Bigbury-on-Sea are located just a few miles to the South of Modbury and the perfect place to head for a day out by the sea.
- The Brownston Gallery is one of Devon's leading contemporary fine art galleries, showcasing work from local and national artists alike.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for 1 MoonsmeadThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.