2 Beesands Cottages,
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 3
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code 2BEES
- Washing Machine
- Night Storage Heating
- Open Fire
- Log Burner
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Waterside property
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Enclosed Garden
- Multiple Baths
Please Note: This property will only accept a minimum 4 nights short break.
For those looking for a traditional fisherman’s cottage in an ideal location with breathtaking vistas and only a stone’s throw from the beach, then 2 Beesands Cottage will not disappoint. Sympathetically refurbished by the owners to a very high standard, this spacious yet cosy cottage stands facing the sea and Start Bay in an area of outstanding natural beauty. The property will instantly appeal to those looking for a traditional seaside holiday, those who love the outdoors and wish to enjoy the beautiful views afforded from the Devon Coastal Path as well as couples looking for a quiet base from which to explore the South Hams. This fishing village retains much of the atmosphere associated with a bygone age, with a welcoming pub serving locally caught fresh fish and other culinary delights. Beesands is not far to the pretty estuary towns of either Dartmouth or Kingsbridge with their range of shops, restaurants, cinemas and leisure centres.
From a covered porch the front door opens into a welcoming sitting room with oak flooring extending throughout the ground floor. An attractive log burning stove, 2 leather sofas and warm panelling add to the cosy atmosphere and the room features a window seat from where one can enjoy the sea’s ever changing moods. Flat screen Satellite TV and DVD. From here a door leads into the panelled snug, with a Victorian open fire, sofa (which converts to a double bed for 2), window seat, stereo, LCD TV and playstation. An archway from the first sitting room invites you through to the spacious dining room with a table and seating for 8. Another archway opens into the refurbished kitchen equipped with a larder cupboard, electric hob, oven and grill, microwave, large fridge freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. A further arch opens into the rear lobby, an ideal place for keeping all the clobber associated with a beach holiday with a door to the rear courtyard. A recent ground floor extension has a spacious double bedroom with 4ft 6in bed and an adjoining fully tiled bathroom with bath with hand shower, hand basin, WC and electric heater. From the first sitting room open plan stairs lead up to the first attractive twin bedroom with 3’ single beds and wonderful views of the sea. A door leads through to a Jack and Jill shower room, equipped with a large corner electric shower, hand basin, WC, backlit mirror and electric heater. Further door into the other twin bedroom (3’ beds), which again enjoys fantastic sea views. This bedroom has a door to the other set of stairs that lead back down to the second sitting room.
To the rear of the property is a secluded, private courtyard and steps up to a raised terrace equipped with table and chairs with views to the side, providing a wonderful suntrap away from the bustle of the beach. Opposite the front of the property and beside the sea wall is an area of grass belonging to the village that provides several picnic tables and chairs. Beyond that is the beach.
Parking: Unrestricted parking beside the sea wall a little further down from the cottage.
- Included: Bed linen, (no towels), high chair, initial supply of logs, electricity and central heating (night storage and convectors).
- Security Deposit: £150.
- Pets: Up to two well behaved dogs welcome.
- Telephone: No telephone, public telephone a few yards. Mobile reception poor.
- Local Facilities: Beach opposite. Pub 100 yards. Farm shop 2.5 miles. Torcross with pub and village shop 3 miles. Kingsbridge with all facilities 7 miles. Dartmouth 11 miles.
- Please note: children should be accompanied at all times on the rear raised terrace.
- Enjoy delicious fresh seafood and more tradition cuisine at The Cricket Inn or the rustic cafe/restaurant Britannia @ the beach (Read a review in our blog)!
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for 2 Beesands Cottages
Lovely accommodation in a lovely setting
After spending a relaxing week at 2 Beesands, we are already looking at when we can go back for more! The cottage is a delight with so much space and so well equipped. Our two dogs loved laying in front of the log burner and the sound of the sea (literally 20 meters away) was lovely - even on the stormy nights! Many thanks to Toad Hall Cottages and to the owner for a most enjoyable stay.
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.