2 Court Cottages,
Aveton GiffordSouth Devon
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code 2COUR
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Open Fire
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden
- Multiple Bathrooms
Please note: Owing to the layout of this property we regret that it is unsuitable for children under the age of 5.
2 Court Cottages is a delightful, newly restored, terraced village house is in the heart of Aveton Gifford, a small village near Kingsbridge and perched near the banks of the River Avon that meanders its way on to the golden sands of Bantham Beach just 2 miles down river. This is a lovely spot from which to explore the South Hams, close to all the beaches, just a few miles from Thurlestone and Salcombe and with wonderful walks along the Avon within easy reach of the cottage. The property is charming inside, very comfortably furnished, with pastel walls, fine slate and stone features, bright splashes of colour provided by the furnishings and is a perfect base for a holiday.
Stable door from the village street into a most attractive living room. Deep comfortable sofas, attractive open Victorian fireplace, TV/video/DVD player and arch on through to the kitchen/dining area. Dining table to seat 6. The kitchen area is attractively fitted with handmade wood units, tiled floor and smart slate surfaces. Small oil-fired Rayburn, electric hob, built-in electric oven, microwave, fridge with ice compartment, butler’s sink, washer/dryer and glazed doors to patio garden. Carpeted steep stairs to first landing and 2 bedrooms , one with full size 3ft bunk beds, the other with a 2ft 6in single bed with full size pull-out bed beneath, that can form a 5ft double, both with fitted cupboards. Bathroom with bath, electric shower over, basin and WC. Stairs to second landing. Charming, bright master suite set beneath the roof trusses, king size 5ft 4in bed, velux windows and en-suite bathroom with bath, electric shower over, basin and WC.
The cottage faces directly onto the village street. Rear enclosed courtyard garden with garden furniture and barbecue. Village green with a stream, play area and tennis court. There is a public slipway on the river.
Ample parking, free car parking 75 yards from the cottage in car park alongside village green.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, initial supply of coal, central heating (oil) and electricity.
- Security Deposit: £50.
- Telephone: No telephone. Mobile reception fair. Payphone 2 minutes walk.
- Local Facilities: Sandy beaches approx 3.5 miles.Village shop 75 yards. Pub 5 minutes walk. Kingsbridge 3.5 miles.
- Please Note: Regret no babies or children under 5 years.
- The Aveton Gifford village shop is owned by the community and stocks a wide range of items, from your essential daily groceries and local produce to items from local artists.
- The family run Fisherman's Rest pub welcomes children and dogs. With restaurant seating for 50 and a separate lounge bar, the Fisherman's Rest is the perfect place to relax after exploring all South Devon has to offer.
- The tidal estuary at Aveton Gifford is the perfect location to see a wide array of birds, including egrets, oystercatchers, curlews, redshanks and swans.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for 2 Court CottagesThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.