3 South View Terrace,
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Short Breaks: No
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code 3SOUTH
- Washing Machine
- Log Burner
- Nearby beaches
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden
- Multiple Loos
This recently renovated traditional cottage provides a welcoming and comfortable retreat, peacefully situated in the heart of the picturesque village of Slapton, close to the sea. The village is full of pretty thatched cottages and narrow lanes, has a thriving local community and two welcoming pubs serving great food. Slapton is within walking distance of the three mile shingle beach at Torcross and the famous Slapton Ley national nature reserve, so this makes a great destination for nature lovers and walkers alike. The cottage has a sunny south facing garden in which to relax at the end of the day and provides a perfect base from which to explore all that Devon has to offer.
Front door opens into a delightful beamed open plan living room with inglenook fireplace set in a feature brick hearth inset with a cosy woodburner. The sitting area is well furnished with two sofas, TV/DVD with Freeview. The dining area has a pine table and chairs to seat 4 and the well fitted and equipped kitchen has an electric hob, built-under oven, refrigerator with ice box, microwave and door to rear of cottage and a separate utility room with washing machine and WC. Narrow stairs up to two pretty bedrooms. Double bedroom with a 4ft 6in bed and fitted cupboard. Bunk bedroom with a set of new 3ft bunks and chest of drawers. Shower room with electric shower in corner cubicle, hand basin and WC.
The cottage is reached along a walkway across the front of a row of cottages and benefits from a pretty south facing front garden with patio area with table and chairs, a lawn and decked area at the end of the garden. A garden shed contains a table and two chairs. To the rear of the cottage is a walkway providing access to the other properties (rarely used).
Parking: No allocated space but normally plenty of parking available in the village.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, electricity and central heating (gas).
- Telephone: For incoming calls only. Mobile reception mixed.
- Local Facilities: Beaches Slapton Sands beach (shingle) half a mile. Blackpool Sands 3 miles. Two pubs and a village stores a few minutes walk. Kingsbridge and Dartmouth 7 miles .
- There are two pubs in Slapton that offer a fantastic range of ales, food and a welcoming environment for visitors.
- Slapton Ley is the largest freshwater lake in the South West of England and the abundance of wildlife makes a day exploring the area something that shouldn't be missed.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for 3 South View TerraceThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.