5 Taverners Cottages,
- 15% off all weeks in April, May and June excluding bank holidays.
- 20% discount for Half Term week.
Aveton GiffordSouth Devon
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code 5TAVER
- Washing Machine
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
- Detached Property
5 Taverners Cottage, which dates back to the 1750’s is located in South Devon at the head of the Avon estuary, whose tranquil waters meander down to the sea and the sandy surfing beaches of Bigbury on Sea and Bantham.Tucked quietly away in a courtyard this tasteful reverse level conversion of the former Taverners Inn stable block which provides a superb holiday cottage in Devon, ideal for small families or couples looking for a cosy retreat. There are plenty of beautiful local walks and the South West Coastal Path follows the coast just a few miles away. You can lose yourself for hours exploring the sailing centres of Dartmouth and Salcombe as well as the market towns of Kingsbridge and Modbury and the kids will find plenty to keep them entertained, that is if you can ever prise them away from the beaches. The cottage has a welcoming atmosphere with thick walls and exposed beams and the popular village of Aveton Gifford has an excellent community shop, broadband hot spot and recreation area plus a welcoming inn serving good food. A welcome pack, including a bottle of wine, awaits you on arrival.
“Lovely, cosy, warm cottage, very well equipped and in a convenient location to get anywhere in South Devon....many thanks for the wine, biscuits etc.”
“Had a lovely relaxing time in a very peaceful and beautiful area and enjoyed the cosy cottage, a home away from home” Jane, Matt and Sarah.
Front door from courtyard to hallway, big enough for wellies, coats and wet dogs. Stairs up to open plan living room, divided by the stairwell with a lounge area furnished with two leather sofas, (one a 4ft 6in sofa bed, ideal for a child or extra guest), TV and DVD. Kitchen/diner with electric cooker, ceramic hob, grill and oven, fridge/freezer, microwave and washing machine. Dining table with four chairs. Ground floor double bedroom with 4ft 6in bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers. Family bathroom with bath, shower over, hand basin and WC. Bunk bedroom with two 3ft bunk beds, peg hanging rail and chest of drawers.
Small private decked area overlooking the communal courtyard with garden table and chairs. Small enclosed upper terrace accessible from the kitchen.
Ample free parking in village car park 100 yards from cottage, unloading possible outside entrance to courtyard.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (linen and towels not provided for short breaks in low season - can be hired for an additional cost), central heating (oil), electricity and stairgate. Travel cot and high chair available on request.
- Pets: Medium sized well behaved dogs welcome.
- Telephone: No telephone. Mobile reception good.
- Local Facilities: Bantham beach 3 miles, Bigbury on Sea 3 miles. Village shop and Post Office 100 yards with WiFi hotspot. Village pub 300 yards. Kingsbridge with all facilities 3 miles. Modbury 3 miles. Salcombe 6 miles.
- The Aveton Gifford village shop is owned by the community and stocks a wide range of items, from your essential daily groceries and local produce to items from local artists.
- The family run Fisherman's Rest pub welcomes children and dogs. With restaurant seating for 50 and a separate lounge bar, the Fisherman's Rest is the perfect place to relax after exploring all South Devon has to offer.
- The tidal estuary at Aveton Gifford is the perfect location to see a wide array of birds, including egrets, oystercatchers, curlews, redshanks and swans.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for 5 Taverners Cottages
Perfect from beginning to end.
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.