6 Coastguard Cottage,
- Sleeps 6
- Bedrooms 3
- Short Breaks Yes
- Dogs allowed Yes (£25 each per week)
- Changeover day Saturday
- Property Code 6COAST
- Dogs permitted
- Access statement available on request
- Designated Parking
- Log Burner
- Garden or Outside space
- Nearby shop
- Village location
- Washing Machine
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Nearby beach
A delightful cottage with uninterrupted sea views, situated on the South West coastal path at Prawle Point. Perfect for families, couples & small groups, it offers bright, homely, well-equipped accommodation in a glorious location. Just a short drive away from all amenities, including the glorious beaches at East Portlemouth & Torcross, this cosy cottage is an ideal base for walking, bird-watching, fishing, exploring the South Hams or simply relaxing at any time of year. It is hard to beat this totally unspoilt and peaceful location and the village of East Prawle with the lively Pig’s Nose Inn and local shop are both a short distance from the cottage. So pack the walking boots and bathing costumes and come to explore this beautiful area with its craggy cliff paths that dip down to secluded sandy coves. A wood burning stove & storage heaters mean this cottage is warm & cosy on the coldest and windiest days of the year. Whenever you come you know that you will be able to relax, unwind and enjoy the ever changing coastal panorama from the comfort of this lovely cottage.
Please Note that this cottage is only suitable for a maximum of 4 adults and 2 children and that TV reception is variable.
The most beautiful little house in the most beautiful place"
"We never wanted to leave a place less"
"We loved the house the instant we walked in - the tasteful simplicity & total serenity perfectly offset the rugged beauty of the landscape"
Accommodation: From rear yard door to fitted kitchen equipped with ceramic hob, oven & grill, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave and washing machine. Cloakroom/shower room with shower cubicle, hand basin and WC. Dining room with wood burner, table and chairs to seat 6, dresser with DVDs, books and games. Comfortable lounge with sofa and 2 armchairs, TV, DVD player and CD/radio, door with steps down to patio with stunning coastal views. Stairs up to a double bedroom with 4ft 6in double bed, built in wardrobe and great sea views to enjoy as you sip that early morning cuppa. Family bathroom with bath and hand held shower, WC, hand basin with light and shaver point. Single bedroom with 3ft bed. Further stairs lead to a large attic bedroom with two 3ft single beds that can be pushed together to form a large double bed, again with magnificent views of the coast and out to sea. A foldaway bed, suitable for a child, is also available in the property.
Outside: A communal path (very rarely used) runs directly in front of all the cottages. Steps from front room to sea-facing patio with table and chairs. Further steps down to grassy areas of lawn & additional seating. BBQ provided.
Parking: For one car in adjacent parking area. Additional parking available.
- Included: Duvets, pillows, (guests to provide their own bed linen and towels for 2015. Bed linen only will be provided from January 2016), cot, high chair, electricity and night storage heating, word burner (fire made up & initial basket of logs provided October-March), dog beds and bowls, welcome basket.
- Telephone: Incoming and essential outgoing calls only. Honesty box to cover the cost of calls.
- Wi-Fi: Broadband available (unlimited).
- Pets: Up to two well-behaved dogs only.
- Local Facilities: Sandy beaches at East Portlemouth 2.5 miles. Horsley Cove half mile walk. Pigs Nose pub and Piglet cafe and shop (open March to end of October) 1 mile. Kingsbridge or Dartmouth with all facilities 10 miles.
Please Note: Maximum of 4 adults in low and mid season.
- The coastline at East Prawle has many wonderful beaches and coves. It's got a colourful history with many local spots being used by smugglers throughout history.
- The Pigs Nose Inn is a wonderful traditional British pub, serving hearty meals and real ale straight from the cask. With 500 years of smugglers history, it's the perfect place for a drink after a
- The local village cafe and shop are in the centre of the village and can cater for all your basic needs, making renting a holiday cottage in East Prawle a relaxing and stress free time.
Whether you’re kite surfing, paddleboarding or wild swimming, South Devon provides fantastically scenic opportunities for trying out all sorts of adventure sports.
Walk the miles of stunning South West Coast Path with your four-legged friend, stopping off in quaint villages and deserted coves.
Devon boasts Britain’s Ocean City, Plymouth, steeped in seafaring history, or for a spot of retail therapy why not visit historic Exeter.
You’ll feel closer to nature whilst in Devon, but if you fancy a more exotic experience, try Paignton Zoo or the National Marine Aquarium for great family days out.
Explore the quaint villages, miles of beaches and walk the coast path in South Devon, making sure you stop off for a cream tea en route!
Property reviews for 6 Coastguard CottageThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.