6 Coastguard Cottage,
- Sleeps 6
- Bedrooms 3
- Short Breaks Yes
- Dogs allowed Yes (£25 each per week)
- Changeover day Saturday
- Property Code 6COAST
- Garden/Outside space
- Nearby beach
- Nearby shop
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Village location
- Designated parking
- Log burner
- Night storage or electric heating
- Garden or outside space
- Washing machine
- Non smoking
- Access statement available on request
A delightful cottage with uninterrupted sea views, situated on the South West coastal path at Prawle Point. Perfect for families, couples & small groups, it offers bright, homely, well-equipped accommodation in a glorious location. Just a short drive away from all amenities, including the glorious beaches at East Portlemouth & Torcross, this cosy cottage is an ideal base for walking, bird-watching, fishing, exploring the South Hams or simply relaxing at any time of year. It is hard to beat this totally unspoilt and peaceful location and the village of East Prawle with the lively Pig’s Nose Inn and local shop are both a short distance from the cottage. So pack the walking boots and bathing costumes and come to explore this beautiful area with its craggy cliff paths that dip down to secluded sandy coves. A woodburner stove means this house is cosy on the coldest and windiest days of the year, so whenever you come you know that you will be able to relax, unwind and enjoy the ever changing coastal panorama from the comfort of this lovely cottage.
Accommodation: Please Note that this cottage is only suitable for a maximum of 4 adults and 2 children and that TV reception is variable.
The most beautiful little house in the most beautiful place"
"We never wanted to leave a place less"
"We loved the house the instant we walked in - the tasteful simplicity & total serenity perfectly offset the rugged beauty of the landscape"
From rear yard door to fitted kitchen equipped with ceramic hob, oven under, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave and washing machine. Cloakroom/shower room with shower cubicle, hand basin and WC. Dining room with wood burner, table and chairs to seat 6, dresser with DVD's books and games. Comfortable lounge, sofa and 2 armchairs and TV with integral DVD and CD/radio, with door to the patio and stunning views of the coast and sea. Stairs up to a double bedroom with 4ft 6in double bed, wardrobe and great sea views to enjoy as you sip that early morning cuppa. Family bathroom with bath and hand held shower, hand basin, WC, heated towel rail and shaver point. Single bedroom with 3ft bed. Further steep stairs lead to a large attic bedroom with two 3ft single beds that can be pushed together to form a double bed, again with magnificent views of the coast and out to sea. A further foldaway bed, suitable for a child, is also available in the property, for use in attic room or at a squeeze in the single room.
A patio terrace outside the seaward side of the cottage, reached by crossing a communal cottage pathway has a table and chairs and steps that lead down to grassy areas of lawn. Barbecue provided.
Parking: For 1 car in adjacent parking area. Additional parking space possible as available in Visitor Parking.
- Included: Duvets, pillows, (guests to provide their own bed linen and towels), cot, high chair, electricity and heating (night storage and wood burner). Initial basket of logs provided October-March. Dog beds and bowls.
- Telephone with honesty box, for incoming and essential outgoing calls only. Mobile reception poor.
- Wi-Fi available.
- Local Facilities: Sandy beaches at East Portlemouth 2.5 miles. Horsley Cove half mile walk. VPigs Nose pub and Piglet cafe and shop (open March to end of October) 1 mile. Kingsbridge with all facilities 10 miles.
Please Note: Maximum of 4 adults in low and mid season.
- The coastline at East Prawle has many wonderful beaches and coves. It's got a colourful history with many local spots being used by smugglers throughout history.
- The Pigs Nose Inn is a wonderful traditional British pub, serving hearty meals and real ale straight from the cask. With 500 years of smugglers history, it's the perfect place for a drink after a
- The local village cafe and shop are in the centre of the village and can cater for all your basic needs, making renting a holiday cottage in East Prawle a relaxing and stress free time.
Whether you’re kite surfing, paddleboarding or wild swimming, South Devon provides fantastically scenic opportunities for trying out all sorts of adventure sports.
Walk the miles of stunning South West Coast Path with your four-legged friend, stopping off in quaint villages and deserted coves.
Devon boasts Britain’s Ocean City, Plymouth, steeped in seafaring history, or for a spot of retail therapy why not visit historic Exeter.
You’ll feel closer to nature whilst in Devon, but if you fancy a more exotic experience, try Paignton Zoo or the National Marine Aquarium for great family days out.
Explore the quaint villages, miles of beaches and walk the coast path in South Devon, making sure you stop off for a cream tea en route!
Property reviews for 6 Coastguard CottageThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.