7 Halwell House,
South PoolSouth Devon
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Short Breaks: No
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code 7HALW
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Night Storage Heating
- Nearby beaches
- Nearby Pub
Halwell House consists of nine tastefully converted apartments, situated within this lovely former manor house. Dating back some 300 years, it occupies a lovely rural position within an area of outstanding natural beauty with numerous beaches nearby. Halwell House is an ideal spot for a family to enjoy a restful holiday and is within three-quarters of a mile (20 minutes walk) of the very pretty South Hams creekside village of South Pool, with its quaint thatched cottages and a stream that meanders past the Millbrook Inn (renowned for its good food) ending at the creek approximately 100 yards further on. Here you can amble along the footpath beside the water, but not at high tide!
Entrance with coat rack off main hall. Stairs up to inner hall. Large, comfortable sitting room with 3 seater leather chesterfield, 2 seater sofa and easy chair. TV, DVD, CD/radio. Dining area with table and chairs to seat 6 in comfort. Very small fitted kitchen with ceramic hob, built-under oven, extractor hood, microwave and fridge/freezer. (There is a shared utility area with washing machine and tumble dryer.). Two spacious bedrooms, each with loads of hanging and storage space; one with double bed, additional 2’ 6” single and en-suite shower room with shower, basin and WC, the other with twin 3’ beds. Bathroom with bath (shower over) basin and WC.
The lovely grounds of the house are wonderful for both adults and children to explore and include a large level area, excellent for a game of croquet or badminton (please bring your own equipment) and a barbecue area.There are five acres of grounds (shared between the flats), with woods that have been opened up to reveal wonderful old original paved walks, stone walls, along with a pond.
Parking: Parking area adjacent to house.
- Included: Duvets, pillows, (no bed linen or towels) electricity, heating (night storage and free standing back-up electric heaters).
- No telephone, mobile reception poor.
- Local Facilities: Beach at Millbay 3 miles. Pub 0.75 miles, further pub, shop and excellent bakery at Frogmore approximately 1.5 miles. Kingsbridge 6.5 miles.
- The Millbrook Inn offers wonderful dining and drinking as well as a friendly environment to unwind in after exploring the scenic South Hams countryside.
- Just one and a half miles from South Pool you can find an excellent pub, shop and bakery in the heart of the village of Frogmore.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for 7 Halwell HouseThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.