8 The Malt,
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code 8MALT
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Night Storage Heating
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Multiple Bathrooms
This smart, modern penthouse apartment overlooks Kingsbridge square and the pretty quayside at the head of the Salcombe estuary in South Devon. It offers comfortable accommodation and the convenience of being just a few steps from the many inns, restaurants, cafes and shops of this attractive market town. The famous South Devon beaches and coastal walks are a short drive away and Kingsbridge is ideally located near the centre of the beautiful South Hams, allowing easy access to its many attractions. The apartment itself has a living room with vaulted ceiling and French windows with a Juliet balcony, giving wonderful views of the estuary and town. There are also two comfortable bedrooms, two bathrooms and a designated parking space. Kingsbridge also boasts a nearby sports centre and cinema and The River Maid passenger ferry can take you down the estuary in the season to the bustling seaside town of Salcombe.
Stairs from the secure foyer lead up to this second floor apartment. Living room at the front of the apartment with wood/laminate flooring, full length windows and Juliet balcony. Lounge area with two sofas and TV with DVD. Dining area with table and leather chairs to seat 4. Modern kitchen with granite worktops, ceramic hob, built in oven and grill, fridge and separate freezer, dishwasher, washer dryer and microwave. Corridor to rear double bedroom with 5ft double and en-suite shower room with shower cubicle, hand basin, WC, heated towel rail and shaver point. Family bathroom with bath, hand basin, WC, heated towel rail and shaver point. Twin bedroom with two 3ft beds.
Parking: Designated space for 1 car.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, electricity and night storage/convector heating (electric).
- Telephone: No telephone. Mobile reception good.
- Local Facilities: Sandy beaches within 5 miles. Shops, pubs, restaurants, cafés, supermarkets, banks, post office, cinema and leisure centre all within ½ mile level walk.
- Please Note: Owing to the flight of stairs up to the apartment it may not be suitable for the elderly or infirm.
- As the main town of the region, Kingsbridge is home to numerous pubs, restaurants, shops and supermarkets that can cater for all your needs.
- The Reel Cinema in Kingsbridge regularly updates its selection of new releases and with its friendly staff it is the perfect place to escape for a couple of hours on a rainy day.
- If you fancy food with a mediterranean twist, why not head to The Old Bakery, serving wonderful Spanish and Greek cuisine from lunch right through the day.
- For a taste of the East, try Kerala Delicacies, a relatively new and highly acclaimed establishment serving fine South Indian food at the top of the high street.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for 8 The MaltThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.