- 20% Off any remaining weeks in May!!
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code AVON
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Waterside property
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
- Multiple Bathrooms
Bigbury on Sea must be one of the most popular seaside destinations in Devon, renowned as a Mecca for surfing with its wonderful golden sands that allow the visitor to walk across to Burgh Island at low tide. Avonlea, a beautifully presented and spacious single level holiday retreat with views down the valley to the sea, is just a short stroll from the beach, so is ideally placed to provide a great base for families or couples throughout the year. If you can tear yourself away from all this there is always plenty to do in the beautiful South Hams, be it pottering around the estuary towns of Salcombe and Dartmouth, walking the beautiful South West Coastal path that passes through Bigbury or spending a day in the Dartmoor National Park. There are masses of country pubs and excellent restaurants around to satisfy the most earnest gastronome, but remember, before you do any of this you’ll have to drag the children away from that beach!
Front door into large entrance hallway with double doors opening into the living area. Extremely well equipped with laminate oak flooring throughout, the large, light and sunny lounge has patio doors opening onto a south facing verandah with a glass balustrade and table and chairs that provide the ideal spot during warm summer evenings to enjoy al fresco dining whilst watching the sun sink into the sea. Two leather sofas, arranged to take advantage of the view, wall mounted 42” flat screen TV with DVD and Freeview. Stereo CD as well as plenty of books and games. Large dining area adjacent to the kitchen with oak table and chairs to seat 6. Well equipped modern kitchen with oak units and granite style worktops with an island unit providing a breakfast bar with 4 stools. Range cooker with 4 burners and griddle, grill and two ovens. Dishwasher and American style cabinet fridge/freezer, patio doors to garden. Utility room with washer/dryer and microwave. Door to rear garden. Master bedroom with 4ft 6in bed and en-suite shower room with shower cubicle, hand basin and WC. Patio doors to rear garden. Large twin bedroom with two 3ft single beds. Single/twin bedroom with 3ft single bed and additional 3ft pull out truckle bed and fitted wardrobe. Family bathroom with bath, shower over, hand basin in vanity unit, WC and heated ladder towel radiator. Please note: When house is at full capacity there is space for only one travel cot.
South facing decked verandah with part glass balustrade and garden table and chairs seating 6. Rear enclosed garden, laid mainly to lawn with stone table and benches, a perfect spot for soaking up the sun.
Parking: On driveway for up to 3 cars (shared with owners).
- Included: Bed linen, towels (not beach towels), WiFi, electricity, central heating (oil), travel cot and high chair.
- Telephone: No telephone. Public phone box 500 yards.
- Local Facilities: Sedgewell sands 300 yards, Bigbury beach 500 yards.Bigbury golf course ½ mile (pay and play). Discovery Surf School 300 yards. Village shop in Bigbury on Sea and St Anne’s Chapel (very good with masses of stuff). Pubs: The Pilchard Inn, Burgh Island (accessible at low water or by seasonal sea tractor) or Bigbury 1.5 miles.Kingsbridge 8 miles. Modbury 6 miles.
- Fans of the coast will love the largest sandy beach in South Devon at Bigbury-on-Sea, facing south to Bigbury Bay.
- Bigbury-on-Sea is home to a post office and local stores, supplying everything you'll need while on a self catered holiday in South Devon.
- Burgh Island is located just off the coast at Bigbury-on-Sea. With buildings famed for their Art Deco architecture and a friendly pub on the island, a visit to Burgh Island makes for an unforgettable day out.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for AvonleaThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.