Noss MayoSouth Devon
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code BATTE
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Nearby beaches
- Waterside property
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
Built on the site of a 14th century fortification that still retains evidence of a dry moat, this delightful retreat for two, part of the owner's home but totally separate, is set in an unrivalled position overlooking the mouth of the Yealm estuary. Here the South West coastal path passes the front of the cottage with quite exceptional views to steeply wooded banks and the deep clear water that surrounds the headland and on out to the Great Mew Stone that guards the entrance to the Yealm with the sea beyond. A fairly steep path leads down to a lovely shingle cove, ideal for swimming and just 300 metres walk from the cottage. Walkers will revel in this wonderful spot, or the romantic of heart can sip a glass of wine while watching the sun setting over the sea from Cellars beach. The cottage, all on one level, is beautifully presented with lovely oak floors, tasteful and attractive furniture, furnishings and everything provided with comfort and privacy in mind. The cottage is supplied with its own spring water. Welcome pack on arrival.
"Beautiful cottage and location. It lived up to our expectations and more. All the lovely touches made our stay a pleasure." Sue and Barnie
French doors lead into the bright living room with sofa, chairs, TV, DVD, stereo CD/cassette player and flame effect fire. Dining table to seat 4. Beautifully equipped and fitted kitchen with ceramic hob, built-in oven, fridge/freezer, microwave and washer/dryer. Spacious double bedroom with 6ft bed (king size duvet or singles provided), fitted cupboards and French doors to the garden. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC.
The cottage is reached up a mile long drive, half of which is unmade, through National Trust woods that border the estuary and form part of the South West Coastal path. Private area of garden with a small paved area provided with table and chairs. The coastal path runs in front of the cottage garden shielded by a wall.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, beach towels and summer electricity,Central heating (oil). Cot and high chair available on request
- Parking: Parking area available beside the cottage.
- No smoking.
- Telephone: None available. Guest can use owner's phone in an emergency. Mobile reception variable.
- Beach: 300 metres.
- Pubs: In Noss Mayo, 1 mile.
- Shop, pub and restaurant: In Newton Ferrers, 2.5 miles by road or 1.5 miles at low tide across the causeway between the two villages.
- Plymouth: 11 miles.
- Property: Self catering holiday cottage.
- Noss Nayo is home to two pubs, The Ship and The Swan, both of which are perfectly located next to the creek and a wonderful place to unwind.
- Across the creek from Noss Mayo is the village of Newton Ferrers, where you will find a local butchers, Post Office and Co-Op offering all the supplies you'll need while taking a relaxing cottage break in South Devon
- During the summer, a river taxi makes regular trips between Noss Mayo, Newton Ferrers and Warren Point (for access to Wembury and its beach).
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Battery Cottage
Wonderful location, breathtaking views. The cottage was well equipped and very comfortable. Will definitely return.
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.