- Sleeps 11
- Smoke free property
- Bedrooms 6
- Short Breaks Yes
- Pets allowed No
- Changeover day Friday
- Property Code BINHA
- Beach close by
- Garden or outside space
- Enclosed garden
- Village location
- Pub close by
- Shop close by
- Golf course close by
- Romantic breaks
- Two bathrooms
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Security deposit
Binham Cottage is a large detached, most attractive family home set in a slightly elevated position with picturesque views from nearly every window across its own lovely orchard garden, The Ham playing field and on to the tidal Dittisham ‘lake’. Renovated and modernised to a high standard, it boasts an exceptional sitting room that has a wall of windows looking out onto the wonderful view. The house is spacious, very well equipped, has a wide terrace and an acre of fairly level orchard garden, with direct access to the playing field and the river beyond. This is a gorgeous spot, very peaceful and just a few minutes walk from the edge of the River Dart.
Front door into a bright hallway and a few steps up to a very spacious, light and airy superb sitting room with windows on all sides, polished wood floor, feature wood burner, and floor to ceiling windows (with safety balcony) looking across the river. Comfortable large sofas, chairs, TV/DVD, books, games and puzzles. Down one level to warm, bright master bedroom with 5ft bed, floor to ceiling windows, superb views and en-suite shower room with shower, basin and WC. Downstairs to three bedrooms, twin room with 3ft beds, bunk room with 3ft full size bunk beds and single room with 3ft bed. Bathroom with bath, electric shower over, basin and WC. Down again to a half landing to a pretty double bedroom, 5ft bed, fitted furniture and en-suite bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Utility cupboard on this level with washing machine and tumble dryer. Steps down to lower ground floor and door to garden. Cosy TV sitting room with feature stone hearth inset with a wood burner, sofas, chair, TV, DVD, opening to the kitchen. Children’s bunk room with 3ft full size bunks. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. The kitchen has an island with breakfast bar, an electric cooker with ceramic hob and two ovens, large fridge, small fridge and freezer, 2 dishwashers and microwave. Large dining table at one end and French windows to the terrace.
The terrace immediately outside the kitchen has a large teak table, chairs to seat 10 and barbecue - simply ideal for al fresco meals. Steps down to the large, enclosed, grassy garden with shrubs, fruit trees and direct access to The Ham and the river.
Across The Ham (2 minutes walk) and there is a trolley in the orchard to help with luggage. Daily parking charges apply.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi, travel cot, high chair, central heating and electricity.
- Security Deposit: £200.
- Telephone: For incoming and local outgoing calls only.
- Local Facilities: Beach 6 miles.
- Pub and shop 5 minutes walk.
- Public, tidal slipway beside The Ham for launching boats. Moorings available by arrangement with the Harbour Master.
- The famous Dittisham Plum Orchard is wonderful for a visit and a stroll, with the unique Plowman variety a definite treat for visitors in July and August.
- The Ham, by the River Dart at the edge of Dittisham, is the perfect location to take a stroll, walk the dog or sit and gaze out over the river.
- The Red Lion Inn at the top of the village is the perfect place to stop for a drink and a bite to eat at the end of a day exploring the River Dart.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Binham CottageThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.