Noss MayoSouth Devon
- Sleeps: 7
- Bedrooms: 3
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code BLUESK
- Washing Machine
- Open Fire
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Waterside property
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden
- Multiple Bathrooms
Blue Skies is a most delightful, tastefully refurbished South Devon holiday home from home which will enchant the visitor with its lovely views of the estuary and surrounding cottages of Newton Ferrers and Noss Mayo. Decorated and furnished in a comfortable, contemporary style with an open fire, it makes for a great holiday destination at any time of year and it also has a sunny rear patio and terraced garden, with the added benefit of parking for two cars. The cottages of Noss Mayo and its twin village of Newton Ferrers crowd the edges of this pretty estuary and either village can be accessed at low tide via a linking causeway. The area, though popular as a holiday destination retains a peaceful atmosphere, disturbed only by the bustle of colourful activity on the water, as this is a haven for yachts and those who love messing about in boats. Both villages have excellent inns, serving locally caught seafood and other delicious local fare and there are some literally stunning walks along the nearby South West Coastal Path. If you can drag yourself away from this pretty spot, some of Devon’s famous sandy beaches are within easy striking distance as is the beautiful Dartmoor National Park and the dramatic Celtic county of Cornwall is less than 10 miles away.
Steps up from parking area to entrance hall with pine floorboards extending throughout the house. Kitchen with shaker style units and granite effect worktops, electric cooker with ceramic hob, larder fridge (additional fridge with separate freezer and washing machine in utility) dishwasher and microwave. Lounge/diner with large picture window with seating looking out over the rooftops to the estuary. Large leather sofa (converts to a 4ft 6in double) faces the open fireplace with TV, two beanbags as well as cushions in the window seat. Oak dining table that extends to seat 8. A few steps up to landing and the family shower room with shower cubicle, hand basin, WC and heated ladder towel rail. Large single/double bedroom with a day bed which can be used as a 3ft single bed or converted to form a double. Twin children’s room with two 2ft 6in beds, built in wardrobes and bureau/desk. Further steps up to very spacious, light and airy master bedroom with lovely views, king-size double bed, bedside cabinets, armchair, chest of drawers and built in wardrobe with hanging rail. En-suite bathroom with bath, hand basin, WC and ladder heated towel rail. Further steps up to rear patio terrace. Please note: property suitable for a maximum of 5 adults.
Utility room in garage with washing machine and fridge/freezer. Steps at side of house up to rear patio, a sunny spot with garden table and chairs, ideal for relaxing with a book or enjoying some al fresco dining. Decked walkway up to 2 additional terraces with bench seating, which have lovely views over the village. Further steps lead up to a large garden area, but owing to the nature of the steps children should be supervised here.
Parking: In front of garage for one medium sized car plus additional space for similar size car in garage (Not suitable for 4 x 4’s).
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi, central heating (gas) and electricity.
- Telephone: No telephone.
- Local Facilities: Stoke beach 2 miles, Mothecombe beach 5 miles. Estuary and coastal footpath within a short walk. Pubs, shops, restaurants, all within 1 mile. Plymouth 10 miles.
- Noss Nayo is home to two pubs, The Ship and The Swan, both of which are perfectly located next to the creek and a wonderful place to unwind.
- Across the creek from Noss Mayo is the village of Newton Ferrers, where you will find a local butchers, Post Office and Co-Op offering all the supplies you'll need while taking a relaxing cottage break in South Devon
- During the summer, a river taxi makes regular trips between Noss Mayo, Newton Ferrers and Warren Point (for access to Wembury and its beach).
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Blue SkiesThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.