- remaining short breaks during May on offer at a 20% discount please. Also the remaining whole week at the same rate .
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code BOTHY
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Central Heating
- Detached Property
Get away from it all and come to The Bothy for an unusual and special treat, you will be pampered with a delicious welcoming hamper, a charming range of fragrant soaps and lotions, high quality towels and linen and a bottle in the fridge too! This absolutely gorgeous little detached cottage, 16th century in origin, is a truly romantic hideaway! Buried in glorious countryside and surrounded by 4 acres of wild, informal but beautiful gardens and woods, recognised by the National Garden Scheme, the cottage is alongside the owners’ home, has its own large private area of garden, is very tastefully decorated with delightful personal touches and has an extensive library. Close to Dartmoor National Park, famous for its rugged beauty, the Two Moors Walk and the glorious Teign valley, where a visit to Castle Drogo is highly recommended, the cottage is also close to the A30, giving easy access to the whole South West.
Previous guests' comments:
“6th visit - I sense this means something.”
“Probably the most perfect cottage we have stayed in.”
“Perfect cottage, perfect location, completely magical.”
Steps down to the front door lead into the small but very well equipped kitchen with cooker, microwave and fridge. (Use of owners’ washing machine and dryer by arrangement.) Steps down into cosy and most attractive sitting room with sofa, stereo/CD player, TV with DVD, gas fired wood burner effect stove, table to seat 2 and double French windows that open to a patio area and the garden. From the kitchen area a few open tread steps lead up into the bedroom with 5ft bed fitted with an unusual headboard, fitted wardrobes and windows that peep across the courtyard. The bathroom adjoins the kitchen with bath, handheld shower attachment, basin and WC.
Steps down from the parking area are shared with the owners. Guests are welcome to use all the grounds that include a large pond with a family of ducks, winding walkways, woods and glorious selection of unusual trees and plants. The cottage has its own large private area of lawn with bench and a patio area outside the living room with table, chairs and barbecue and is reached by a long unmade track.
Parking: Area adjacent to the cottage.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi (slow speed), central heating (gas) and electricity.
- Pets: One well behaved animal and bird friendly dog only please.
- Telephone: No telephone provided. Mobile reception good.
- Local Facilities: Pubs 2.5 miles. Shops in Credito,n 5 miles. Dartmoor 10 miles. Exeter 15 miles.
- The local community run shop in Spreyton can supply all your basic needs while enjoying a relaxing holiday around Dartmoor.
- Why not head to the Tom Cobley Tavern to taste one of their 20+ real ales and spend a relaxing evening unwinding in a friendly atmosphere.
- Dartmoor is located just to the South of Spreyton and offers fantastic views over much of rural South Devon.
- Exeter Cathedral is one of the finest cathedrals in the country and a wonderful example of gothic architecture. The vast stone and glass building tells a colourful and historic story that shouldn't be miss
- The East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) is the perfect place to explore on foot or horseback, while regular farmers markets and beautiful art galleries offer something a little different.
- Bicton Park Botanical Gardens shares 300 years of horticultural history and has something for everyone, from magnificent glass houses to nature trails or mini golf.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Bothy
The people at the Bothy are brilliant. Perfect place to relax and think.
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.