- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 3
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code BDWAY
- Washing Machine
- Log Burner
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden
- Multiple Baths
Bridgeway is a most desirable cottage, attractive, spacious, very comfortably furnished and with the enormous bonus of plenty of enclosed, off road parking, something of a rarity in Polperro. This semi-detached cottage is tucked in a peaceful wooded valley at the top of the village, a pleasant ten minute stroll from the harbour and centre of this enchanting Cornish fishing village. A perfect spot to escape to at any time of the year, this dog friendly cottage enjoys a private sunny courtyard, ideal for al fresco dining in the summer and has a wood burner and central heating for the chillier times of year. From here, it is possible to explore the delights of Polperro, walk the picturesque cliff top coastal paths, or sample excellent Cornish fare from the many fine restaurants, cafes and pubs nearby.
Steps up to the front entrance. Beamed sitting room with French doors to the verandah, two sofas (one a 4ft sofa bed), armchair, raised wood burner and flat screen HD TV with video/DVD and Sky. Spacious kitchen/diner with dining table to seat eight, touch control halogen hob, built-under electric oven, dishwasher, microwave and radio/CD player. Adjacent utility room with fridge, large freezer, washing machine and access to courtyard. Master double bedroom that overlooks the front garden with 5ft king size bed, TV and en-suite shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC. Second double bedroom with 4ft 6in double bed, wall mounted TV and French door to the courtyard. Twin bedroom with 3ft single beds. Family bathroom with spa bath, basin in vanity unit, WC and separate shower cubicle.
Front, shared lawn area that is bordered by a stream. Rear private, paved courtyard with garden table and benches.
Parking: Ample available in gated shared driveway.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi, travel cot, high chair (by arrangement), initial supply of logs, electricity and central heating (gas).
- Baby and/or dog sitting by arrangement.
- Telephone: No telephone provided, use of owner’s phone in an emergency. Mobile reception poor.
- Local Facilities: Polperro beach and harbour 10 minutes walk. Talland beach 1 mile. Other south coast beaches easily accessible by car. Shops, pubs and restaurants all in Polperro. Looe with more facilities, 4 miles. Plymouth 25 miles. Truro 29 miles.
- Polperro has a number of cafes, pubs and restaurants, which unsurprisingly offer fantastic seafood, as well as a wide range of other cuisine.
- Regular boat trips take place from Polperro around the coastline, where lucky visitors may catch a glimpse of dolphins or seals.
- The Polperro Heritage Museum of Fishing and Smuggling, located on the harbourside, offers a fantastic insight into the history of the village.
- From adrenaline packed thrill rides to indoor play areas Flambards offers a full day of fun for the whole family.
- Trebah Garden, near Falmouth is a hidden gem in South Cornwall, where bright and colourful plant life give off an enchanting air and the Helford River sooths the soul.
- Finnygook beach is a lesser known, but beautiful sand and pebble beach in South Cornwall, with fantastic surf and wonderful local cafe's and restaurants, it's a sun, sea and sand seeker's dream.
- A visit to the world's largest indoor rainforest at the Eden Project is one of the must do attractions in Cornwall, with regular special events making for an unmissable day out.
- The Minack open air theatre stands on the cliffs near Land's End, and hosts a truly unique season of plays every year from May to September.
- Pendennis Castle in Falmouth introduces 450 years of history - from Henry VIII's coastal stronghold to a secret Second World War base. A wonderful visit, whatever the weather.
Property reviews for BridgewayThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.