- 20% Off weeks commencing 6th, 13th & 20th July!!
Aveton GiffordSouth Devon
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Short Breaks: No
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code BUZZ
- Golf Course nearby
- Central Heating
Buzzard’s Oak, a neat and contemporary barn conversion annex is located in a quiet valley, surrounded by soft Devon countryside and close to the coast and the wonderful beaches of Bigbury Bay. Here a sand bar enables you to walk to Burgh Island at low water where you can enjoy a tipple at The Pilchard Inn. The property has a shared garden backing onto open countryside which provides the ideal spot from where to appreciate nature and the views. The South West Coastal Path is easily accessible and provides some stunning walks along this beautiful coastline. For lovers of the ancient game, Bigbury Golf Course is a short drive away and the market town of Kingsbridge and the popular boating Mecca of Salcombe are both well worth visiting.
Door into open plan living room. Steps down to lounge area with leather chesterfield sofa and two armchairs, coffee table and TV with Freeview and DVD. Dining area with table and chairs to seat 4 with a glazed door opening onto the rear decking. Corner kitchen area with electric hob, oven under, fridge with ice box and microwave. Stairs to first floor and double bedroom with 4ft 6in double bed, wardrobe and TV. Twin bedroom with two 3ft single beds. Shower room with shower cubicle with electric shower, hand basin, WC and shaver point.
Door to decking area with garden table and chairs. Steps down to large grounds shared with the owners’ (who greatly respect the privacy of their guests), which includes a small pond and overlooks the surrounding countryside. Please note children need to be supervised in the pond area.
Allocated parking space for one car plus additional visitor parking.
- Included: Bed linen (not towels) and electricity.
- Central heating (oil) controlled from main house.
- Telephone: No telephone. Mobile reception poor. Use of owners' phone in an emergency.
- Local Facilities: Bigbury on Sea 1.5 miles. Several other sandy south coast beaches within 10 mile radius.
- Golf: Bigbury 1.5 miles.
- Pub and shop about a mile. Kingsbridge 4 miles.
- The Aveton Gifford village shop is owned by the community and stocks a wide range of items, from your essential daily groceries and local produce to items from local artists.
- The family run Fisherman's Rest pub welcomes children and dogs. With restaurant seating for 50 and a separate lounge bar, the Fisherman's Rest is the perfect place to relax after exploring all South Devon has to offer.
- The tidal estuary at Aveton Gifford is the perfect location to see a wide array of birds, including egrets, oystercatchers, curlews, redshanks and swans.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Buzzard's OakThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.