Church House, Looe,
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code CHHOUS
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden
- Multiple Bathrooms
Church House is a fascinating listed period property dating from the 16th Century and features magnificent granite archways, masses of beams and fine panelling. Reputedly once a tavern, the house is tucked away down the narrow streets in the old town of East Looe and just a short walk from the beach. It is comfortably furnished with the benefit of a lovely garden room, which opens out into a courtyard. The property has undergone major refurbishment to a very high standard, whilst still retaining the fine period features, so it is oozing character and is a delightful, unusual house in which to enjoy a holiday. If you follow the Heritage Trail around the town of Looe, Church House even features as being of historical significance.
New, large kitchen/diner with gas cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge/freezer and oak dining table to seat six. Twin bedroom with 3ft clip-linked beds and an en-suite shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC. Steps lead up to an attractive ‘garden’ room with seating, low ceiling beams and large patio doors opening to the rear courtyard. Wide spiral stairs lead to the spacious sitting room with two generous sofas, flat screen TV with DVD and fireplace with woodburning stove. Family bathroom with bath, handheld shower, basin and WC. Double master bedroom with king size 5ft four poster bed, exposed high ceiling beams and en-suite shower room with shower, basin and WC.
Outside: Accessed from the garden room is a rear sunny courtyard with garden table and chairs where you can relax after a hard day on the beach!
Parking: Vehicular access to property for unloading. Parking at Millpool car park, weekly ticket approx. £30.
- Included: Bed linen (no towels), WiFi, electricity and central heating (gas). Guests to supply their own fuel for woodburner.
- Security Deposit: £50.
- Telephone: Incoming calls only. Mobile reception mixed.
- Local Facilities: Beach, shops, pubs and restaurants in Looe, within 5 minutes walk. Polperro 4 miles. Plymouth 21 miles. Truro 29 miles.
- The Old Guildhall in Looe is one of the town's oldest buildings and has traditionally acted as the Town Hall, more recently it houses a fantastic museum of local history.
- Looe is home to a large number of pubs, restaurants, and shops that can provide anything you need while renting a holiday cottage in the area.
- A visit to Looe Island is possible in the summer months and there is a marked trail around the island that takes in the site of a of a Benedictine chapel built in 1139. It's also a wonderful place to explore the rich local wildlife.
- From adrenaline packed thrill rides to indoor play areas Flambards offers a full day of fun for the whole family.
- Trebah Garden, near Falmouth is a hidden gem in South Cornwall, where bright and colourful plant life give off an enchanting air and the Helford River sooths the soul.
- Finnygook beach is a lesser known, but beautiful sand and pebble beach in South Cornwall, with fantastic surf and wonderful local cafe's and restaurants, it's a sun, sea and sand seeker's dream.
- A visit to the world's largest indoor rainforest at the Eden Project is one of the must do attractions in Cornwall, with regular special events making for an unmissable day out.
- The Minack open air theatre stands on the cliffs near Land's End, and hosts a truly unique season of plays every year from May to September.
- Pendennis Castle in Falmouth introduces 450 years of history - from Henry VIII's coastal stronghold to a secret Second World War base. A wonderful visit, whatever the weather.
Property reviews for Church House, LooeThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.