- Sleeps 2
- Smoke free property
- Bedrooms 1
- Short Breaks Yes
- Pets allowed No
- Changeover day Friday
- Property Code CLAREN
- Beach close by
- Garden or outside space
- Rural location
- Village location
- Pub close by
- Shop close by
- Golf course close by
- Romantic breaks
- Designated Parking
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
Clarence Cottage, once a threshing barn, is set within a small group of converted farm buildings in a delightful secluded valley surrounded by rolling Devon farmland just minutes from the superb coastline of this very special part of South Devon. This charming, detached and tastefully decorated cottage is ideal for two, a very peaceful and attractive spot to escape to. Set in a wonderful rural location, walkers will delight at the coastal paths nearby and there is ample opportunity to explore Dartmouth with its river boat trips, excellent restaurants and boutique shops, or idle days away on the beautiful beaches nearby. Welcome pack provided.
‘The cottage is lovely a perfect bolt hole away from the hurly burly of everyday life. We hope to return.’ The Hinkleys.
Accommodation: Front door leads into a most attractive, comfortable open-plan sitting room and dining/kitchen. This is a charming room with a two-seater sofa and chair, electric flame effect fire, digital TV/DVD and full length windows towards the garden. The smart kitchen area is well equipped and has fine fitted oak units, electric hob and oven with extractor hood, dishwasher, washer/dryer, built in microwave, fridge/freezer and dining table for four. Pine stairs lead upstairs to the landing. The shower room has a large corner shower, hand basin and WC. The pretty double bedroom, with attractive chintz furnishings, has a 4ft 6in bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and double doors leading to steps down to the driveway and garden. There are pleasant views from the bedroom across the garden and the countryside beyond.
A level lawn area with planted banks and garden table and chairs is opposite the front door. An ideal spot for enjoying the evening sun setting over the valley below and watching the alpacas in the paddock.
Parking: Alongside the cottage for one car.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (cot and high chair by arrangement with owner), central heating (oil) and electricity.
- Telephone: No telephone.
- Local Facilities: Beaches: and watersports facilities at Blackpool Sands under 2 miles, Slapton Sands 5 miles. Pubs, restaurants & shops Dartmouth 1.5 miles. Dartmouth Golf & Country Club with leisure facilities 5 miles (25% discount off green fees and leisure facilities for Toad Hall Cottages’ guests).
- At the centre of Stoke Fleming is the Green Dragon, a traditional pub with stone floors and a wonderful large wooden fireplace. It's the perfect place the head to after a long day exploring the South
- The post office in Stoke Fleming offers a range of products to cater for your needs while renting a holiday cottage in South Devon.
- The South West Coast Path is on your doorstep in South Fleming, making it the perfect location for walkers to base themselves and enjoy the wonderful scenery of the region.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Clarence Cottage
No other comments. We really enjoyed our holiday
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.