- Sleeps 6
- Smoke free property
- Bedrooms 3
- Short Breaks No
- Pets allowed Yes (£25 each per week)
- Changeover day Saturday
- Property Code COBTH
- Beach close by
- Garden or outside space
- Enclosed garden
- Village location
- Pub close by
- Shop close by
- Golf course close by
- Romantic breaks
- Designated Parking
- Open fire or log burner
- Washing machine
- Security deposit
* Please note: this property will have a Friday changeover for 2014 *
Cob Cottage is a quintessential chocolate box thatched 14th Century cottage set in the heart of the ever popular village of Thurlestone, South Devon which has to be one of the best places for a seaside holiday on Devon’s south coast. This fantastic cottage is located in the old part of the village, a short walk from the village shop and pub and is just a 15 minute stroll from the beautiful sandy beaches and the splendid coastal path that stretches from Bantham and the Avon Estuary to the great cliffs at Bolt Head before Salcombe. Cob Cottage is a treasure, with an abundance of character, masses of exposed beams and brimming with artefacts, pictures, books and comfortable furniture. More shabby than chic but a real favourite with returning holidaymakers who love its relaxed home from home atmosphere. It enjoys a lovely garden at the rear together with its own parking bay, which is something of a premium in this village.
Stable door leads into the spacious living rooms that extend the length of the cottage and are divided by a huge open fire, but open to the different areas. Slate floored dining room with a circular dining table to seat 6, an under stairs cupboard houses a drinks fridge and the room’s central fireplace opens on two sides to both the dining and sitting areas. Two steps up to the large sitting room, flat screen TV with Freeview, two curved sofas, chairs, masses of books, fine pictures and furniture. The well equipped kitchen is full of character, with tiled surfaces, an oil fired Rayburn (winter use only), a electric hob with built-under oven, flat screen TV and farmhouse table. Door from here to a roomy utility room with large fridge/freezer, dishwasher and steps up to the rear door. A utility room outside houses a washing machine. Central stairs lead up to an upstairs second sitting room with a large sofa. Flatscreen TV with DVD. Large double bedroom with 5ft bed and fitted pine cupboards. Twin bedroom with 3ft pine beds. 2nd double bedroom with 5ft pine bedstead and chest of drawers. Family Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC.
From the utility room leads a stable door to the rear of the cottage with paved patio area and an outside WC. Steps up from here to the enclosed, private garden with garden furniture. Washing line. Please note: there is a pond (empty) at the top of the garden.
Parking: To one side of the cottage, off the village road, is a parking area for two small cars (or one large), cars need to reverse into this space, one behind the other. Further on road parking.
- Included: Bed linen (not towels), WiFi, cot, high chair, initial basket of logs, electricity and heating (Rayburn, panel heaters and open fire).
- Security Deposit: £200.
- Pets: Well behaved dogs very welcome.
- Telephone: No telephone. Mobile reception poor.
- Local Facilities: Beach 750 metres. Post Office and shop 200 metres. Pub 100 metres. Salcombe 5 miles. Kingsbridge 4 miles.
- Thurlestone Golf Course is ideally located for those who love to play a round and welcomes visitors to relax and unwind.
- The Village Inn serves food and drink daily and has a wonderful, welcoming atmosphere for anyone who wishes to relax and unwind.
- Thurlestone is well catered for with a village shop and post office offering all the things you may need for a self catered holiday in South Devon.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Cob CottageThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.