Comfort Wood Cottage,
Nr Cotehele Estate
Nr Cotehele EstateEast Cornwall
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 3
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code COMFOR
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Log Burner
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden
- Multiple Bathrooms
Comfort Wood Cottage is a former barn adjoining Newton Farm near the Cotehele Estate, which enjoys a delightful, rural outlook and a private garden. Walking directly from the property, visitors can enjoy numerous walks through the idyllic, adjoining woods which lead to the beautiful Tudor Cotehele House, Quay (tidal slipway provided), gardens and 1,200 acre estate, all owned by the National Trust and open to the public. Further, the village of Metherell is within easy walking distance and offers an excellent local pub. The Tamar Valley, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a world heritage site, provides a wealth of archaeological and historic interest with its fascinating history of mining and trading along the Tamar River. The pretty and vibrant village of Calstock is situated 1.5 miles away and has further hostelries for eating and drinking and within 15 minutes drive is the well known St Mellion Golf & Country Club. Other activities available include canoeing and on and off-road cycling, which the owners will be happy to arrange. You will even be greeted by delicious homemade cakes or a bottle of wine on arrival.
Newton Farm is an organic Cornish small holding run on a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall ethos. There is a flock of Lleyn sheep, bullocks, horses, geese, chickens, ducks, ferrets and pigs. Organic salad, eggs and lamb usually available for sale. To find out what goes on at the farm check out www.newtonfarmcornwall.com.
Previous guests' comments:
"We've thoroughly enjoyed our stay here in your lovely cottage. Very warm and welcoming. Loved making friends with all the farm animals!" November 2012.
"Amazing place and accommodation...Lovely touch of flowers and flapjacks. We will be back!" October 2012.
"We have had a marvellous time in a beautiful place. The cottage is so homely to come back to after lovely walks and we loved our evenings by the fire!" September 2012.
Spacious kitchen/dining room with reclaimed solid teak worktops, electric hob, double oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and dining table to seat eight. Living room with exposed beams, woodburner, corner sofa, three-seater sofa and a 25" flat screen TV with Freeview/DVD/video. Double glass doors open out to the garden. Steps to large utility room with washer/dryer, ceiling hung airer/dryer and door to outside. Twin bedroom with 3ft single beds and two 3ft pull-out beds. Bathroom with bath, overhead power shower, basin and WC. Stairs up to other bedrooms. Master bedroom with zip and link 3ft twin beds, Juliet balcony and beautiful rural views. Adjoining shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC. Double bedroom with 5ft king size bed and en-suite shower room with shower cubicle, basin and WC.
Private enclosed garden with large level lawn, barbecue area and garden table and chairs. A stream runs through the bottom of the garden. Direct access to several footpaths including Comfort Woods and the Cotehele Estate.
Parking: Ample parking with space for a boat trailer.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi, cot, high chair, logs, electricity and central heating (oil).
- Pets: Obedient dogs welcome (no more than 2). Please note that there are always farm animals on the land.
- Telephone: Payphone and computer available. Mobile reception mixed.
- Local Facilities: Whitsand Bay and Looe beach, approx. 19 miles. Easy access to North Devon Coast, about 50 minutes drive. Shop/PO in St Ann’s Chapel, 2 miles. Pub15 minutes walk or 1.5 miles by road. St Dominick 3 miles. Calstock 1.5 miles. Plymouth 16 miles.
Please note: Very young children should be supervised in the garden, as there is a gentle grass slope that drops down to the stream (usually no more than 2 or 3 inches deep).
Nr Cotehele Estate
- The Cotehele Estate is home to a fascinating Tudor mansion, restored Tamar sailing barge and discovery centre, all of which make for a wonderful day out.
- The Tamar Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is the perfect place to spend a day and take in the many wonderful sights, sounds and the wide range of local wildlife.
- A visit to the world's largest indoor rainforest at the Eden Project is one of the must do attractions in Cornwall, with regular special events making for an unmissable day out.
- The Minack open air theatre stands on the cliffs near Land's End, and hosts a truly unique season of plays every year from May to September.
- Pendennis Castle in Falmouth introduces 450 years of history - from Henry VIII's coastal stronghold to a secret Second World War base. A wonderful visit, whatever the weather.
Property reviews for Comfort Wood CottageThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.