Court Barton Cottage No. 11,
- 10% off any full week booking in May or June & receive a fantastic Salcombe breakfast hamper!
South HuishSouth Devon
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 2
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code CB11
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Night Storage Heating
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Multiple Bathrooms
To see other Court barton properties, click here:
Cottage No. 1 - Cottage No. 2 - Cottage No. 3 - Cottage No. 4
Cottage No. 5 - Cottage No. 6 - Cottage No. 7 - Cottage No. 8
Cottage No. 9 - Cottage No. 10 - Cottage No. 11 - The Loft - The Round House
Court Barton Cottages:
Peacefully situated in a tiny hamlet in one of the loveliest corners of Devon betwixt Salcombe and Thurlestone are the attractive group of converted Georgian barns that comprise Court Barton. Set in beautiful landscaped gardens and grounds of four acres, the cottages surround two attractive courtyards and the majority have superb, uninterrupted views down the valley to the sea at Thurlestone/South Milton Sands. The cottages enjoy the use of both outdoor and indoor swimming pools, games room with table tennis and pool, an all-weather tennis court, and the grounds include an orchard and croquet lawn. Should you wish to leave the comfort of this delightful place, less than a mile away is the beach at Thurlestone Sands, wonderful for sunbathing, swimming and watersports, with the village of Thurlestone itself a little further on with its famous links golf course. The beautiful sailing mecca of the Salcombe estuary with its golden beaches is only 3 miles. This is a gorgeous spot, ideal for walking, golf, bird watching, sailing and all types of watersports.
Court Barton is approached along a private drive and each cottage has a parking space and there is plenty of visitor parking. Grouped around and accessed from two flower filled courtyards, with manicured lawns, each cottage has either its own private terrace or balcony provided with garden furniture. The extensive grounds are enclosed and bordered by fields with outstanding views down to the sea.
- Outdoor swimming pool. 5m x 9.8m heated and available from May to September weather permitting.
- Indoor swimming pool. 5.5m x 11m heated and available all year. His and Hers changing rooms. Shower room with basin and WC.
- Tennis Court. Hard court, set in a peaceful location in the grounds. Rackets and balls provided.
- Croquet Lawn. Beautifully maintained. Croquet set provided. Built-in barbecue alongside.
- Reception. This is manned from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday, Thursday and Friday in high season (may vary in low and mid season). A comfortable area close to reception is provided with Broadband WiFi and seating for those who wish to catch up on those essential emails (available only during reception open hours). WiFi is accessible around the pool area at all times.
Applicable to all cottages (except The Roundhouse):
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi available in reception area and some properties, electricity, heating and all on site facilities included. Cots and high chairs available by arrangement.
- Pets: Please see individual pages. All dogs must be well behaved and kept on leads within the grounds. Special dog walking area provided.
- Telephone: Calls are logged and must be settled before departure at reception. No mobile reception.
- Local Facilities: Beach South Milton Sands 1 mile. Hope Cove under 2 miles. Shop and pubs 1¼ miles at Malborough. Salcombe 3 miles.
Court Barton Cottage No.11 Accommodation:
Located above the indoor swimming pool, No. 11 is accessed from the driveway alongside the croquet lawn with exterior wooden steps up to the front door. Hallway with cloakroom with basin, WC and shower. The attractive, very spacious living room has patio doors that open to a large balcony that overlooks the courtyard, a handsome four-seater sofa, two chair beds, TV/DVD and dining table to seat 6. The kitchen has country views and there are twin security doors (lockable) that give direct access to the changing room area above the indoor pool. Two steps up to a landing area. Twin bedroom with country views and a double bedroom with 3ft zip linked beds, country and garden views. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC.
- South Huish is located just one mile from the beaches at South Milton and Thurlestone, where you can spend a day enjoying the wonderful coastal scenery.
- The nearest shops and pub can be found in Malborough, only 1.5 miles from South Huish.
- The Beach House at South Milton Sands is just a mile away and offers delicious breakfasts, lunches and evening meals in a quirky beach shack environment and breathtaking coastal location.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Court Barton Cottage No. 11There are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.