Court Barton Cottage No. 2,
- 10% off any full week booking in May or June & receive a fantastic Salcombe breakfast hamper!
South HuishSouth Devon
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 2
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code CB2
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Night Storage Heating
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
To see other Court barton properties, click here:
Cottage No. 1 - Cottage No. 2 - Cottage No. 3 - Cottage No. 4
Cottage No. 5 - Cottage No. 6 - Cottage No. 7 - Cottage No. 8
Cottage No. 9 - Cottage No. 10 - Cottage No. 11 - The Loft - The Round House
Court Barton Cottages:
Peacefully situated in a tiny hamlet in one of the loveliest corners of Devon betwixt Salcombe and Thurlestone are the attractive group of converted Georgian barns that comprise Court Barton. Set in beautiful landscaped gardens and grounds of four acres, the cottages surround two attractive courtyards and the majority have superb, uninterrupted views down the valley to the sea at Thurlestone/South Milton Sands. The cottages enjoy the use of both outdoor and indoor swimming pools, games room with table tennis and pool, an all-weather tennis court, and the grounds include an orchard and croquet lawn. Should you wish to leave the comfort of this delightful place, less than a mile away is the beach at Thurlestone Sands, wonderful for sunbathing, swimming and watersports, with the village of Thurlestone itself a little further on with its famous links golf course. The beautiful sailing mecca of the Salcombe estuary with its golden beaches is only 3 miles. This is a gorgeous spot, ideal for walking, golf, bird watching, sailing and all types of watersports.
Court Barton is approached along a private drive and each cottage has a parking space and there is plenty of visitor parking. Grouped around and accessed from two flower filled courtyards, with manicured lawns, each cottage has either its own private terrace or balcony provided with garden furniture. The extensive grounds are enclosed and bordered by fields with outstanding views down to the sea.
- Outdoor swimming pool. 5m x 9.8m heated and available from May to September weather permitting.
- Indoor swimming pool. 5.5m x 11m heated and available all year. His and Hers changing rooms. Shower room with basin and WC.
- Tennis Court. Hard court, set in a peaceful location in the grounds. Rackets and balls provided.
- Croquet Lawn. Beautifully maintained. Croquet set provided. Built-in barbecue alongside.
- Reception. This is manned from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday, Thursday and Friday in high season (may vary in low and mid season). A comfortable area close to reception is provided with Broadband WiFi and seating for those who wish to catch up on those essential emails (available only during reception open hours). WiFi is accessible around the pool area at all times.
Applicable to all cottages (except The Roundhouse):
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi available in reception area and some properties, electricity, heating and all on site facilities included. Cots and high chairs available by arrangement.
- Pets: Please see individual pages. All dogs must be well behaved and kept on leads within the grounds. Special dog walking area provided.
- Telephone: Calls are logged and must be settled before departure at reception. No mobile reception.
- Local Facilities: Beach South Milton Sands 1 mile. Hope Cove under 2 miles. Shop and pubs 1¼ miles at Malborough. Salcombe 3 miles.
Court Barton Cottage No.2 Accommodation:
Recently refurnished and tucked in the corner of the Lower Courtyard this cottage has stunning views across the fields to the sea. The front door opens into the refurbished open plan kitchen area with an archway into the living room that enjoys lovely views from the patio doors and terrace. Living room with two generous sofas, one a 4ft 6in sofa-bed, a woodburner stove, flat screen TV/DVD and dining table to seat 6. Ground floor twin bedroom with 3ft beds and family bathroom with, shower over bath, basin and WC. Open tread stairs from the living room to a large double bedroom with 5ft bed, TV, window seats and en suite shower room with WC.
Outside: Enlarged patio with garden table and chairs and lovely views down the valley to the sea.
- South Huish is located just one mile from the beaches at South Milton and Thurlestone, where you can spend a day enjoying the wonderful coastal scenery.
- The nearest shops and pub can be found in Malborough, only 1.5 miles from South Huish.
- The Beach House at South Milton Sands is just a mile away and offers delicious breakfasts, lunches and evening meals in a quirky beach shack environment and breathtaking coastal location.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Court Barton Cottage No. 2There are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.