East AllingtonSouth Devon
- Sleeps: 3
- Bedrooms: 1
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code DUCK
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Broadband Connection
- Nearby beaches
- Nearby Pub
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden
This delightful, very spacious and supremely comfortable one bedroom cottage is attached to Pond Cottage on one side (see property reference HCBN), but is entirely separate and not overlooked. It is an ideal place for a couple and their dog/s to get away from it all and enjoy this beautiful, peaceful valley with its wildlife ponds and 35 acres of grounds, fields and woodland.
Guests at Duck End will be able to enjoy the facilities at Dartmouth Golf and Country Club that include:
FREE unrestricted and unlimited access to the extensive facilities at Lakeside Health & Leisure Centre at Dartmouth Golf & Country Club. Facilities include: Indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, spa bath and fully equipped gymnasium.
25% OFF Green Fees on both the 18-hole Championship Course and 9-hole Dartmouth Course (not to be used in conjunction with any other offer).
10% OFF beauty and spa treatments at Lakeside Beauty. This offer applies to holidays taken before May 31st 2014.
A glazed door leads down 2 steps into a most attractive living room with polished floors, exposed scissor beams and includes a comfortable sofa (converts to a 4ft sofa-bed for one), dining table to seat 4, digital TV, DVD, CD player, books and magazines. The smart kitchen area is well equipped with electric hob and oven, fridge, dishwasher and microwave. Washing machine and tumble dryer are available in a laundry room in a converted pig sty opposite the barn, shared with Pond Cottage. The charming bedroom has a large 5ft double bed with a Tempur mattress and there is a stylish, contemporary bathroom with bath and shower over, basin and WC.
Private, totally enclosed lawn garden in front of the cottage with a gate that opens out to the 35 acre grounds that guests are welcome to explore. Garden furniture and a barbecue are provided.
Parking: Ample private parking.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi, central heating (oil) and electricity. Cot and high chair available by arrangement with owner.
- Pets: Dogs are welcome. Use of leads is requested outside the cottage garden.
- Telephone: No telephone. Limited mobile reception on some networks.
- Local Facilities: Beaches from 4.5 miles. Pub 1 mile. Shops and restaurants in Kingsbridge 5 miles. Totnes 9 miles.
- Please Note: The farm has its own water supply, providing true Devon water at its best.
- Please also note: Pond Cottage and Duck End combined can be let together, availability permitting, making it ideal for extended families.
- The Fortescue Arms in East Allington is the perfect place to go for a drink or a meal after a day exploring South Devon.
- About 5 miles from East Allington you will find Slapton Sands and Slapton Ley, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the perfect place to spend a day walking amongst the local wildlife.
- The East Allington Whacky Races are a national soap box racing competition that takes place in May each year and a fantastic, unique day out.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Duck EndThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.