- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code EASTCL
- Washing Machine
- Night Storage Heating
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Waterside property
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
Overlooking the comings and goings of the boats in the harbour in the picturesque Cornish fishing village of Polperro, East Cliff Cottage is a sweet self-catering retreat that has many returning guests. Arranged over 3 floors, traditionally and basically furnished with beams and window seats throughout, it is a bright and comfortable property with a recently refurbished kitchen and amazing views from all of the front-facing windows (including the double bedroom). Set on a traffic-free lane, East Cliff Cottage is within a few minutes walk of all the cosy pubs, many restaurants and various village shops in one direction, and has direct access onto the glorious South West Coastal Path in the other. Further, the vibrant seaside town of Looe and the North and South Cornwall coasts are easily accessible from Polperro.
Kitchen/diner with dining table to seat five, electric hob, oven under, fridge with ice box, table top freezer, washing machine and microwave. Stairs up to the first floor. Sitting room with woodburner effect electric fire, three-seater sofa (also a double sofa bed), two armchairs, TV, DVD player and books/games. Bathroom with bath, shower over, hand basin and WC. Stairs up to second floor. Children’s bunk bedroom with quirky corner cupboard (bespoke beds suit children up to teenage). South-facing master bedroom with built-in wardrobes and 4ft 6in double bed.
A steep flight of steps (shared with the property next door) gives access to a small paved area with rooftop views, equipped with a garden table and two chairs. Please note: Children must be supervised - may not be suitable for very young children.
Parking: Off road on a private drive around 5-10 minutes walk away (up a hill on the opposite side of the village).
- Included: Bed linen (no towels).
- Heating (night storage) and electricity by £1.00 coin meter.
- Pets: One well behaved pet welcome.
- Telephone: No telephone provided. Mobile reception poor.
- Local Facilities: Polperro beach 2 minutes walk. Talland beach 1 mile. Other beaches easily accessible by car. Shops, pubs and restaurants all in Polperro. Looe with more facilities, 4 miles.
- Polperro has a number of cafes, pubs and restaurants, which unsurprisingly offer fantastic seafood, as well as a wide range of other cuisine.
- Regular boat trips take place from Polperro around the coastline, where lucky visitors may catch a glimpse of dolphins or seals.
- The Polperro Heritage Museum of Fishing and Smuggling, located on the harbourside, offers a fantastic insight into the history of the village.
- From adrenaline packed thrill rides to indoor play areas Flambards offers a full day of fun for the whole family.
- Trebah Garden, near Falmouth is a hidden gem in South Cornwall, where bright and colourful plant life give off an enchanting air and the Helford River sooths the soul.
- Finnygook beach is a lesser known, but beautiful sand and pebble beach in South Cornwall, with fantastic surf and wonderful local cafe's and restaurants, it's a sun, sea and sand seeker's dream.
- A visit to the world's largest indoor rainforest at the Eden Project is one of the must do attractions in Cornwall, with regular special events making for an unmissable day out.
- The Minack open air theatre stands on the cliffs near Land's End, and hosts a truly unique season of plays every year from May to September.
- Pendennis Castle in Falmouth introduces 450 years of history - from Henry VIII's coastal stronghold to a secret Second World War base. A wonderful visit, whatever the weather.
Property reviews for East Cliff
Please pass on my thanks to Ruth, the owner. She has a lovely little cottage which my family absolutely loved. She also organised for us to park a second car just up the road from her house, we were much appreciative of this. We will definately book East Cliff Cottage again. Brilliant.
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.