East Hollowcombe Farm,
- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- Short Breaks: No
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code EHOLLO
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Log Burner
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden
- Detached Property
- Multiple Bathrooms
East Hollowcombe Farm, a welcoming and comfortable family home, enjoys beautiful views over the surrounding valleys and moorland of this superb part of Exmoor. This attractive 18th Century farmhouse set in 40 acres is tucked in the small village of Hawkridge, surrounded by woodland, farmland and open moorland, and is a wonderful opportunity for an extended family to enjoy fabulous walking on The Exe Valley Way, or spot the diverse wildlife of deer, Exmoor ponies, heron, fox and many different bird species that can be seen around the village. The famous ancient clapper bridge of Tarr steps is an easy walk away, where a refreshing pint or a cream tea can be enjoyed at the Tarr Farm Inn. Riding here is unsurpassed with miles of bridleways and East Hollowcombe offers excellent DIY facilities for horse owners, with good grazing, 6 loose boxes and ample space for horse trailers (all by arrangement with the owners). East Hollowcombe is a practical, no frills holiday base with en-suite facilities for every bedroom and plenty of comfortable living space - a marvellous place for adventure and tranquillity at any time of the year.
Open porch to front door. Hallway. Comfortable sitting room with feature stone hearth inset with a wood burner, large flat screen TV with DVD, two sofas, chair and window seat to enjoy the view. Spacious dining room with large dining table to seat 10, brick hearth and mantle (not operative). Further snug sitting room with two sofas, 2 chairs, flat screen TV (DVD), telephone, window seat and Rayburn (for winter use only) inset in a fine stone inglenook with bread oven. Off here is a lobby area suitable for boot storage and provided with dog basket. Galley style kitchen with low ceiling, well fitted and equipped with a good range of fitted units, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, ceramic hob and built-under oven. Door to utility area with washing machine and tumble dryer, shower room with electric shower, basin and WC, rear stairs to the back bedrooms and access to rear of the property. Stairs from the front hallway to five bedrooms. Bedroom 1: Spacious double bedroom with attractive 5ft wrought iron bedstead, lovely views, decorative Victorian fireplace, range of fitted cupboards and en-suite bathroom with bath, hand shower, basin and WC. Bedroom 2: Twin bedroom with 3ft beds, wardrobe, gorgeous views and en-suite bathroom with bath, hand shower, basin and WC. Bedroom 3: Second double bedroom with 5ft bed, airing cupboard and en-suite bathroom with bath that has a grab handle, hand shower, basin and WC. Bedroom 4: There are 2 steps down to this single bedroom that has a 3ft bed and an en-suite bathroom with bath, basin and WC. A large walk-in cupboard has access to the rear landing and stairs. The rear landing is spacious and equipped with a single 3ft bed (Bedroom area 6) with a stairgate at the top of the stairs. Bedroom 5: Twin bedroom with 3ft beds, low windows and sloping ceiling.
Gated entrance to the driveway that extends across the front of the farmhouse and on to the extensive farm buildings beyond. There are two areas of lawn, outdoor furniture provided, bordered with attractive shrubs, a magnificent beech tree and superb views across the valley. Beyond the farmhouse is a range of large Dutch barns, reached by a wide separate gated rear entrance, one section of which has 6 loose boxes and a large covered area for parking of horse vehicles. Ample grazing.
Parking: Ample available.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi, travel cot, high chair, logs, central heating (oil) and electricity. Woodburner laid up.
- Security Deposit: £250.
- Pets: Maximum of 3 well behaved dogs, must be kept downstairs.
- Telephone: With honesty box. Mobile reception poor.
- Local Facilities: Tarr Steps and Inn, 1 mile. Shops, pubs and restaurants in Dulverton, 5 miles. The famous Royal Oak Inn at Withypool, 3.5 miles. South Molton 13 miles. Tiverton 18 miles.
- The Guildhall Heritage Centre in Dulverton has a museum showcasing the last 100 years of the village, regular excellent exhibitions in its art gallery and a fascinating photographic archive.
- The Post Office, greengrocer and supermarket in Dulverton provide everything you need for your stay in a self catering holiday cottage.
- Dulverton has a fantastic array of places to dine, from traditional pubs and fish and chips, to Thai restaurants and tea shops.
- Exmoor Zoo is one of the must see attractions of the area, with regular hands on sessions and a vast array of species, it's a fun day out for the whole family.
- Located on the eastern border of Exmoor National Park, Dunster Castle has been an important fortress for 1000 years and is the perfect place to immerse yourself in local history.
- The County Gate visitors centre offers exceptional views of the Park and is a great place to begin one of the many walking trails, including Doone Valley, where you will find a deserted medieval village hidden away deep in the moors.
- The City of Bath has a variety of theatres, museums, and other cultural and sporting venues, which have helped to make it a major centre for tourism
- Built in the 12th-century, Wells Cathedral is a fine example of Early Gothic architecture and one of the most popular attractions in Somerset
- Exmoor National Park is an area of open moorland in West Somerset and the beautiful natural landscape is not to be missed
Property reviews for East Hollowcombe FarmThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.