South MiltonSouth Devon
- Sleeps: 7
- Bedrooms: 4
- Short Breaks: No
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code FALLO
- Washing Machine
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Village location
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden
- Detached Property
- Multiple Bathrooms
Fallowfield is a quality, very spacious detached family home, situated in an elevated position at the end of a small driveway, being the last of a handful of similar select properties located in the attractive village of South Milton, approximately one mile from Thurlestone. The beautiful sailing and fishing harbour of Salcombe is only a few miles away and Hope Cove just 3 miles. Immediately on entering the house one senses a warm feeling of light and spaciousness, borne out by the comfort of the large airy rooms and quality furniture, some of which are good quality antiques. The fabulous, fully enclosed and totally private rear garden, which is not overlooked by any neighbouring houses, has lovely restful unspoilt countryside views, particularly from the top terrace. This delightful property is ideal for those seeking all the comforts of their own home and is perfect for either a family group, or a couple with a baby or a dog, or both!
Wide outside steps lead up to front door. Entrance hall. Delightful living room with leather settees and matching pouf/footstool, 42” plasma screen TV with Freesat and Freeview, DVD/video, enormous floor to ceiling bay window overlooking the front lawns. Archway to adjoining L shaped dining room with refectory table and chairs and very large patio doors to spacious terrace and rear garden. Well fitted kitchen, with built-in eye level double oven, electric hob, built under microwave, dishwasher, fridge with ice compartment (further fridge/freezer in garage), mini CD stereo system with iPod dock, door to small lobby with washing machine and door to terrace. 3 steps up from hall to landing. Master bedroom with fitted cupboards, 6ft super-king bed, 21” TV and basin. En-suite shower room with shower cubicle and WC. Twin bedroom with 3ft beds (can be pushed together to form a double bed), 21” TV, fitted cupboards and basin. Bunk bedroom with full size (3ft) bunk beds (cannot be separated), fitted cupboards and basin. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin and WC. Staircase down from kitchen to semi basement tiny hallway. Smallish bedroom/playroom with play-station, and sofa-bed suitable for one, electric panel heater. En-suite WC and basin. Large boiler room with clothes drying racks. Door to garage.
Totalling approximately half acre grounds. Stone entrance pillars at entrance to drive and front garden with areas of lawn, flower borders and shrubs. A feature of the property is the delightful, most attractive fully enclosed very private rear garden with tall hedges, rockeries and flower-beds brimming with flora. There are terraces on 3 levels, thereby giving a choice of areas to relax. Garden table and chairs, gas barbecue and bench.
Parking: In garage and ample space in driveway.
- Included: Bed linen (no towels), WiFi, cot, high chair & electricity and central heating (oil).
- Security deposit: £100
- Pets: Well behaved pets are welcome.
- Telephone: With honesty box. Mobile reception good
- Local Facilities: Beach South Milton Sands 1 mile. Pub, shop and golf course (handicap required) at Thurlestone 1.5 miles. Salcombe and Kingsbridge approximately 4 miles.
- This very popular pretty village with its thatched cottages and colourful gardens benefits from its own warm, dry micro-climate resulting in more sunny days per year than neighbouring villages a mile or two further inland.
- There are several large sandy beaches, including South Milton Sands, which are safe for bathing and other more secluded coves, most of which are also good for swimming and they can be reached by walking across the prestigious golf course via public footpa
- Look out for the remains of a shipwreck at low tide, one of many along this stretch of coastline.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for FallowfieldThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.