- 30% Off week commencing 31st May!!
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code FOXEN
- Washing Machine
- Log Burner
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden
- Detached Property
- Multiple Bathrooms
A hilltop location provides Foxenhole Farmhouse with stunning panoramic views across rolling Devon countryside to the river Dart and beyond to the heights of Dartmoor in the distance. This detached former farmhouse has been recently refurbished to a high standard and provides tasteful, very comfortable accommodation with an extensive garden in a beautiful area. Alongside the road, it is a 20 minute walk down the hill to reach Dittisham, a quintessential attractive and unspoilt South Devon village in a tranquil setting overlooking the widest part of the River Dart. There are delightful stone built and thatched cottages with gorgeous views of bright river craft making a splash of colour against a backdrop of densely wooded slopes. Narrow lanes reach down to the beach where the waters are a popular venue for boating enthusiasts. The village is lively with a village shop and two good pubs, one on the waterside where the quay is a favourite spot for crabbing and a tug on a bell rope calls the ferry boatman to collect you to visit Greenways, Agatha Christie’s original home, now part of the National Trust. Dartmouth and Totnes are easily reached by ferry and there are boats for hire, dinghy moorings and a sailing school.
Steps up to an open porch and front door. Hallway with cloak hooks and sliding door to downstairs cloakroom with basin and WC. Handsome spacious sitting room with two generous leather sofas, rugs on the tiled floor, huge feature stone hearth inset with a large woodburner (can be used as an open fire, with doors open), 50” wide screen TV with DVD, PlayStation 2 and French doors to the conservatory. This lovely room has views over the garden and beyond is well furnished with wicker chairs and double doors open to the terrace. Tiled kitchen diner with ornamental fireplace and farmhouse table to seat 6. Bright coloured tiled work surfaces and triple aspect windows make this a very light room with splendid views, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, electric cooker with halogen hob and double ovens. Door to rear lobby/utility area with dog basket, washing machine and room for coats and boots. Carpeted stairs. Fine master bedroom with ‘antique’ pine furniture, 4ft 6in bed, 22” flat screen TV, views across farmland to the River Dart and Stoke Gabriel and en-suite bathroom with painted floor, bath, shower over, basin and WC. Twin bedroom with 3ft beds, matching tallboy chests, fitted hanging cupboard and more fine views. Second double bedroom with 4ft 6in bed, 22” flat screen TV and views to the front of the house and countryside. Family shower room with painted floor boards, large shower enclosure, basin and WC. Stairs to attic room provided with comfortable recliner chair and velux windows, a quiet space to get away from the family or a hideaway for the children to play in.
A gravelled driveway leads to a parking area at the front of the house bordered by lawns that extend around the side. Further gravelled area beside the house provides ample space for boat and trailer. At the rear of the house a wide paved terrace is provided with table and chairs. Paths lead to the huge enclosed lawns and there is a raised deck area beside a fenced pond.
Parking: Ample parking.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, 1 basket of logs, central heating (oil) and electricity.
- Pets: Two small dogs or one medium size dog only.
- Telephone: No telephone. Mobile reception good outside for O2 and Orange.
- Local Facilities: Estuary beach, 2 pubs, café and shop at Dittisham 1 mile. Sandy beach Blackpool Sands 6 miles. Dartmouth 5 miles. Totnes 11 miles.
- The famous Dittisham Plum Orchard is wonderful for a visit and a stroll, with the unique Plowman variety a definite treat for visitors in July and August.
- The Ham, by the River Dart at the edge of Dittisham, is the perfect location to take a stroll, walk the dog or sit and gaze out over the river.
- The Red Lion Inn at the top of the village is the perfect place to stop for a drink and a bite to eat at the end of a day exploring the River Dart.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Foxenhole FarmhouseThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.