- 20% Off the remaining weeks in May for full week bookings.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code HOLEM
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
Holemoor Cottage is a fantastic North Devon retreat, a comfortable and spacious wing of the owner’s traditional 17th century farmhouse situated down a secluded country lane and with its own indoor heated swimming pool (heated all year round) and Jacuzzi. Set in 5 acres with woodland and surrounded by beautiful countryside, the whole area is alive with wildlife, so regular sightings of barn owls, rare British birds and roe deer are not unusual. You probably won’t want to move from this idyllic spot, but you’d be doing yourself a disservice with the spectacular North Cornwall coastline and its amazing beaches just a few miles away. Here you can enjoy fantastic surfing and walk coastal paths along some of the highest cliffs in the UK, whilst inland it would be a shame not to visit the beautiful Dartmoor National Park. The owners have provided a play area for young children with swings, climbing frame, slide and a playhouse and a welcoming cream tea and a basket of home produced eggs await you on arrival. All this makes the cottage an ideal all-year-round destination and on the odd rainy day, well there’s always that pool.
Living room with oak flooring, roof beams, picture window overlooking the pool, two sofas, antique occasional chair, woodburner effect electric fire, Freeview TV, DVD, radio/CD player and a selection of books and games for the children. Dining area with dining table to seat four. Galley kitchen with electric cooker, fridge, dishwasher and microwave (freezer and tumble dryer in outside barn). Utility room with washing machine. Steps up to bedrooms. Pretty double bedroom with Victorian cast iron 4ft 6in double bed and garden views. Adjoining family bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, hand basin and WC. Bunk bedroom with two 3ft bunk beds and additional 'Z' bed. Pool room with 28ft x 12ft, 4ft deep, heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi, open 9am to 8pm (the owners greatly respect the privacy of their guests and would only use the pool whilst guests are out for the day).
Patio doors open onto a private patio area with garden furniture and fully enclosed garden. Guests are welcome to wander the grounds and woodland, use the play area and feed the chickens, groom the horses, walk the dogs and entertain the cats!
Parking: For two cars on shared driveway.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (no pool or beach towels), cot, high chair, stair gate, electricity and central heating (oil).
- Pets: Two well behaved dogs welcome (must get on with other dogs and animals).
- Telephone: No telephone provided, access to owner's phone in emergencies. Mobile reception good.
- Local Facilities: Beaches at Bude (8 miles) and Widemouth Bay (7 miles). Northcott Mouth, Sandy Mouth, Duckpool and Millook Haven all about 10 miles. Local Post Office stores and pub 1.5 miles. Supermarket in Holsworthy, 5 miles. Bude with all facilities, 8 miles.
- Bude is home to lovely beaches with fantastic conditions for surfing and other watersports. Anyone interested in sporting activities will also find a range of opportunities from walking and cycling to golf and even archery.
- Bude town centre offers a fantastic selection of places to dine out. From locally sourced seafood, Asian Cuisine, trendy diners and traditional pub food, Bude's extensive culinary scene can cater for all tastes.
- The majority of local beaches in Bude are pet friendly, perfect for those who couldn't imagine a holiday away without the family's best friend!
- A visit to the world's largest indoor rainforest at the Eden Project is one of the must do attractions in Cornwall, with regular special events making for an unmissable day out.
- The Minack open air theatre stands on the cliffs near Land's End, and hosts a truly unique season of plays every year from May to September.
- Pendennis Castle in Falmouth introduces 450 years of history - from Henry VIII's coastal stronghold to a secret Second World War base. A wonderful visit, whatever the weather.
Property reviews for Holemoor Cottage
A more dog friendly stay you couldn't find! Allowing us to take our third additional four legged friend was greatly appreciated, yet being dog friendly did not mean the cottage lacked anything in style. Attention to detail really made it that 5 star accommodation and all of the family were made to feel really welcome, at home and relaxed. If you want a complete "get away from it all" break where you and your children and dogs can chill out then this is the place for you.
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.