- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code HOLMB
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Night Storage Heating
- Open Fire
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Detached Property
- Multiple Bathrooms
This large, spacious, early 1900’s detached house stands alone in 40 acres with outstanding views across the wooded valley of the River Barle and Exmoor National Park. Just half a mile from the delightful village of Withypool with its excellent pub, there are fantastic doorstep walks to the village, the high moorland and along the river. Riding here is unsurpassed and Holmbush offers DIY private stabling and grazing (to be arranged with the owner). This is an extremely roomy, no frills family holiday base with lovely views from most of the rooms and is a haven of peace and privacy in this glorious part of Exmoor. Words and pictures cannot do this exceptional location the justice it deserves.
"Wonderful house, perfect view and so very peaceful. Well equipped with a lovely Aga, great to be able to pick up our preordered groceries from the Village store (who were more than helpful). Took us all back to a more uncomplicated time- fabulous!"
Entrance hall, with access beyond to the garden.Sitting room with open fire and TV/DVD with basic Sky package. Dining room with open fireplace (not in use), octagonal table with 8 rush seated chairs and a further table and chairs. Sitting/playroom with TV/video and some children’s videos and board games. Downstairs cloakroom with basin and adjoining WC. The extensive kitchen is divided into main kitchen, pantry, walk-in larder and utility room. The main kitchen is particularly spacious and fitted with original units, an oil-fired Aga range with four ovens, two fridges, dishwasher, electric cooker, microwave, coffee filter machine and a small breakfast table and 4 chairs. Adjoining walk-in larder with slate slabs. Large pantry with sink, washing machine and lovely, large old pine dresser. Separate utility room with freezer, tumble dryer, large airing cupboard (excellent for drying wet gear), and a pulley clothes dryer. Stairs to landing and five bedrooms all with wash basins. The master bedroom has twin beds, a bay window with good views and lovely antique wash basin (can be used, though cracked). En-suite bathroom with bath (no WC), oil filled radiator and electric wall fire. Two further twin bedrooms and a single room all with 3ft beds. An excellent ‘dormitory’ bedroom with 3 beds (ideal for children). The main bathroom has an original roll-top bath with claw feet, shower cubicle, large basin, WC, oil filled radiator and electric wall fire. Further bathroom with bath, basin and WC. (Due to water pressure, all 3 baths cannot be run at the same time, but there is plenty of hot water).
The property is approached by a long, private drive and there is a large parking area. The large informal garden has a wide grass terrace, a lawn, steps down to a barbecue area and steep grass slope to a border fence, all with glorious views over Exmoor. Tables, chairs and a wooden bench are provided. The property is supplied with its own UV filtered water. Four stables and paddock of just under one acre, available by arrangement.
Parking: Ample available.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi, travel cot (no bedding), high chair, logs, Aga oil, central heating (night storage) and electricity.
- Pets: Dogs welcome but to be kept in the kitchen.
- Security deposit: £25 per head.
- Telephone: Payphone available. Mobile reception poor.
- Local Facilities: Shop and pub in Withypool, under half a mile. Tarr Steps 3.5 miles. Sea at Porlock, 12 miles. Beaches at Saunton and Woolacombe Bay approx 50 minutes. Minehead 40 minutes.
Please Note: Our booking team will contact you to collect an additional security deposit of £25 per guest on this property.
- The location of Withypool in the heart of Exmoor national park makes it the ideal base for exploring the moors.
- The Village Shop offers an extensive range of goods, from groceries, household goods & appliances to fresh meat and bread. There is also a morning post office service available.
- The village of Withypool has a fantastic pub serving a fine selection of drinks and some wonderful traditional pub food.
- Exmoor Zoo is one of the must see attractions of the area, with regular hands on sessions and a vast array of species, it's a fun day out for the whole family.
- Located on the eastern border of Exmoor National Park, Dunster Castle has been an important fortress for 1000 years and is the perfect place to immerse yourself in local history.
- The County Gate visitors centre offers exceptional views of the Park and is a great place to begin one of the many walking trails, including Doone Valley, where you will find a deserted medieval village hidden away deep in the moors.
- The City of Bath has a variety of theatres, museums, and other cultural and sporting venues, which have helped to make it a major centre for tourism
- Built in the 12th-century, Wells Cathedral is a fine example of Early Gothic architecture and one of the most popular attractions in Somerset
- Exmoor National Park is an area of open moorland in West Somerset and the beautiful natural landscape is not to be missed
Property reviews for Holmbush
Returning customer, very satisfied with our holiday!
A returning customer- very satisfied with our holiday!
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.