- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code KRILL
- Night Storage Heating
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
Set in the historic, traffic free, cobbled streets of East Looe, just seconds from the popular beach and the bustling, colourful harbour is this delightful, period fisherman’s cottage, a perfect and attractive bolt hole for two. Do not let the 3.5 star rating deter you from what is a real romantic haven with lots of atmosphere, furnished and equipped to a high standard and ideal for couples; it is merely the cosy dimensions that limit this picturesque cottage from achieving a higher star rating. Explore the area and sample the selection of excellent restaurants and pubs that are within a leisurely stroll. There are some lovely walks in the surrounding countryside and the South West Coastal path, which runs through Looe, takes you along some breathtaking coastline. The nearby quintessential Cornish fishing village of Polperro is also well worth a visit. So leave your worries behind and visit Krill Cottage to relax and recharge your batteries, you won’t be disappointed.
Kitchen/diner with Bosch Gourmet combination oven/microwave, ceramic hob, dishwasher, fridge with ice box, fireplace inset with an electric burner, an amazing collection of ‘Cornish Ware’ crockery, dining table to seat four and beach equipment. Steep stairs to the attractive sitting room with armchair, two seater sofa, TV with Freeview, DVD player and stereo/CD player. On the same level, at the top of the stairs is a small shower room with shower cubicle, electric shower, basin and WC. Stairs up to the double bedroom with 5ft double bed, radio and electric blanket.
Parking: Vehicular access to property for unloading. Parking at Harbour car park (daily charge) or at Millpool Car Park, weekly ticket approx. £30.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (no beach towels), electricity and heating (night storage).
- Security Deposit: £100.
- Telephone: No telephone provided. Mobile reception mixed.
- Local Facilities: Looe beach, pubs, restaurants, shops and river within 2 minute walk. Polperro 4 miles. Plymouth 21 miles. Truro 29 miles.
- The Old Guildhall in Looe is one of the town's oldest buildings and has traditionally acted as the Town Hall, more recently it houses a fantastic museum of local history.
- Looe is home to a large number of pubs, restaurants, and shops that can provide anything you need while renting a holiday cottage in the area.
- A visit to Looe Island is possible in the summer months and there is a marked trail around the island that takes in the site of a of a Benedictine chapel built in 1139. It's also a wonderful place to explore the rich local wildlife.
- From adrenaline packed thrill rides to indoor play areas Flambards offers a full day of fun for the whole family.
- Trebah Garden, near Falmouth is a hidden gem in South Cornwall, where bright and colourful plant life give off an enchanting air and the Helford River sooths the soul.
- Finnygook beach is a lesser known, but beautiful sand and pebble beach in South Cornwall, with fantastic surf and wonderful local cafe's and restaurants, it's a sun, sea and sand seeker's dream.
- A visit to the world's largest indoor rainforest at the Eden Project is one of the must do attractions in Cornwall, with regular special events making for an unmissable day out.
- The Minack open air theatre stands on the cliffs near Land's End, and hosts a truly unique season of plays every year from May to September.
- Pendennis Castle in Falmouth introduces 450 years of history - from Henry VIII's coastal stronghold to a secret Second World War base. A wonderful visit, whatever the weather.
Property reviews for Krill
I loved the cottage, loved the town
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.