- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoking Permitted
- Property Code LIMEH
- Washing Machine
- Night Storage Heating
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
Lime Hill Cottage nestles in Landaviddy lane, a quiet road leading down to the centre of Polperro in Cornwall just a short walk from the bustling harbour where the fishing and pleasure boats provide a pleasing spectacle. This spacious and comfortable cottage is in immaculate order and is perfect for a family stay as it benefits from large bedrooms and bathroom. A pleasant lounge provides a relaxing haven after the day’s hectic activities and at the rear of the cottage there’s a practical kitchen/diner. A stroll down to the harbour enables you to sample the traditional inns, the restaurants and shops and you can wander down to the beach on the other side of the harbour wall or the more energetic can enjoy a walk and some lovely coastal scenery along the South West Coastal Path.
Accommodation: Front door into small hall. Lounge, with window and window seat overlooking the lane, sofa and two armchairs, bean bag, electric fire and TV with DVD. Kitchen/diner with electric cooker, washing machine, fridge with freezer compartment and microwave. Table and four chairs. Stairs to landing and double bedroom with 4’6” double bed, chest of drawers and plenty of wardrobe space. Large family bathroom with bath and electric shower over, shower screen, hand basin and WC. Further stairs to second floor and triple bedroom, with a 4’6” double bed, 2’6” single bed, as well as a wardrobe and chest of drawers.
Small back yard suitable for drying washing, storing beach equipment, etc.
Parking: No designated space, but parking is available in the car park at the top of the village (charges apply).
- Included: Bed linen (no towels) and heating (night storage).
- Electricity: By £1 coin meter.
- Security deposit: £50.
- Pets: One well behaved pet welcome.
- Telephone: No telephone provided. Mobile reception poor.
- Local Facilities: Polperro beach 5 minutes walk. Talland Beach 1 mile. Other south coast beaches easily accessible by car. Shops, pubs and restaurants all in Polperro. Looe with more facilities, 4 miles. Plymouth 25 miles. Truro 29 miles.
- Polperro has a number of cafes, pubs and restaurants, which unsurprisingly offer fantastic seafood, as well as a wide range of other cuisine.
- Regular boat trips take place from Polperro around the coastline, where lucky visitors may catch a glimpse of dolphins or seals.
- The Polperro Heritage Museum of Fishing and Smuggling, located on the harbourside, offers a fantastic insight into the history of the village.
- From adrenaline packed thrill rides to indoor play areas Flambards offers a full day of fun for the whole family.
- Trebah Garden, near Falmouth is a hidden gem in South Cornwall, where bright and colourful plant life give off an enchanting air and the Helford River sooths the soul.
- Finnygook beach is a lesser known, but beautiful sand and pebble beach in South Cornwall, with fantastic surf and wonderful local cafe's and restaurants, it's a sun, sea and sand seeker's dream.
- A visit to the world's largest indoor rainforest at the Eden Project is one of the must do attractions in Cornwall, with regular special events making for an unmissable day out.
- The Minack open air theatre stands on the cliffs near Land's End, and hosts a truly unique season of plays every year from May to September.
- Pendennis Castle in Falmouth introduces 450 years of history - from Henry VIII's coastal stronghold to a secret Second World War base. A wonderful visit, whatever the weather.
Property reviews for Lime HillThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.