- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 2
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code LIBARN
- Night Storage Heating
- Log Burner
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Enclosed Garden
- Multiple Loos
Tucked away off the main thoroughfare and backing onto the river Pol that flows down to Polperro harbour in Cornwall, this delightful property offers comfortable accommodation in a sympathetically converted barn with an abundance of interesting features. The two bedrooms, set in the eaves are located on separate mezzanine floors and the cosy lounge with wood burner stove has beams and rough stone walls with deep set windows and window seats from which to watch and listen to the river as it hurries down to the sea.
Access via a lane to the front courtyard and entrance into the hall, with vaulted space to the roof beams and dining area with table and seating for 5. The kitchen has a window overlooking the river Pol, electric cooker, microwave, washing machine and fridge with freezer compartment. Off the hall a downstairs cloakroom with WC and hand basin. Door into spacious lounge, with wood burning stove, WiFi, 2 two seater sofas and an armchair. Flat screen TV, DVD and radio/CD player. Steep open stairs lead to mezzanine floor over lounge with family shower room with shower cubicle, hand basin, WC and shaver point. Door into delightful double bedroom with beams and stripped pine floors with a 4ft 6in double bed and 2ft 6in put-u-up bed. Descending back down to the hall another steep staircase leads up to the twin bedroom, with two 2ft 6in beds.
Please Note: The steep staircases to the bedrooms are not suitable for the infirm and young children will need supervision.
Secluded courtyard area outside front door with garden table and chairs.
Parking: Permit provided for use of the main car park.
- Included: Bed linen (no towels), WiFi, heating and electricity.
- Security Deposit: £50.
- Pets: Well behaved pets welcome, strictly by arrangement.
- Telephone: No telephone provided. Mobile reception poor.
- Local Facilities: Polperro beach 10 minutes walk. Talland beach 1 mile. Other beaches are easily accessible by car. Shops, pubs and restaurants all in Polperro. Looe with more facilities, 4 miles. Plymouth 25 miles. Truro 29 miles.
- Polperro has a number of cafes, pubs and restaurants, which unsurprisingly offer fantastic seafood, as well as a wide range of other cuisine.
- Regular boat trips take place from Polperro around the coastline, where lucky visitors may catch a glimpse of dolphins or seals.
- The Polperro Heritage Museum of Fishing and Smuggling, located on the harbourside, offers a fantastic insight into the history of the village.
- From adrenaline packed thrill rides to indoor play areas Flambards offers a full day of fun for the whole family.
- Trebah Garden, near Falmouth is a hidden gem in South Cornwall, where bright and colourful plant life give off an enchanting air and the Helford River sooths the soul.
- Finnygook beach is a lesser known, but beautiful sand and pebble beach in South Cornwall, with fantastic surf and wonderful local cafe's and restaurants, it's a sun, sea and sand seeker's dream.
- A visit to the world's largest indoor rainforest at the Eden Project is one of the must do attractions in Cornwall, with regular special events making for an unmissable day out.
- The Minack open air theatre stands on the cliffs near Land's End, and hosts a truly unique season of plays every year from May to September.
- Pendennis Castle in Falmouth introduces 450 years of history - from Henry VIII's coastal stronghold to a secret Second World War base. A wonderful visit, whatever the weather.
Property reviews for Little BarnThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.