East PortlemouthSouth Devon
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Short Breaks: No
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code LITTLE
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Nearby beaches
- Waterside property
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
- Detached Property
- Multiple Loos
Little Haven is a delightful, detached cottage set in a stunning location right on the water’s edge down a quiet single track lane that meanders along the Salcombe estuary towards South Pool. Under a mile from the passenger ferry that plies the estuary over to bustling Salcombe, this really is a peaceful “Little Haven”. Here it is possible to escape the crowds; enjoy the fabulous coastal and estuary walks; relax on the nearby sandy beaches; watch the wildlife of the foreshore; launch the provided kayaks and explore the beautiful estuary; or simply drink in the dreamy views from the waterside terrace. This charming, very comfortable cottage is all on one level and is a must for those who love the outdoor life that can be enjoyed from this exceptional waterside location.
“A great week spent relaxing and enjoying the views and wildlife. Even Nana went in a canoe! Brilliantly well equipped and ideal for all ages - will miss the views very much.”
A small, enclosed patio protects the front door that opens into a porch, housing a freezer, tumble dryer and provided with coat hooks and space for boots. Stable door into a well equipped and fitted kitchen diner with beech units, washing machine, dishwasher, electric cooker, larder fridge and microwave. Pine table to seat 6. From here a corridor leads to the sitting room with double doors that open to the terrace and superb estuary views. Two comfortable sofas, chairs, a rug on the wood floor, a TV with DVD are provided. Off the sitting room is the master bedroom with 5ft bed, fitted cupboards and a large picture window overlooking the estuary. Two twin bedrooms, both with 3ft beds and fitted cupboards. Step down to bathroom with bath, electric shower over, basin and WC. Further separate WC with washbasin.
Steps down to the terrace on the estuary side of the cottage which is provided with table and chairs and steps from here lead down to the private foreshore (shared with the two neighbouring properties). Two kayaks and a rubber dinghy for use at own risk. Please bring own life jackets. A grassy bridleway at the side of the cottage gives access to the foreshore.
Parking: For a maximum of 3 cars opposite the cottage in private parking bay.
- Included: Bed linen (not towels), central heating (LPG gas) and electricity.
- Security Deposit: £150.
- Telephone with honesty box for incoming and local calls only. Mobile receptin fair.
- Local Facilities: Salcombe 1 mile via passenger ferry, (there can be a queue during summer high season). Millbay beach 1 mile. Beach cafe and ferry just over half a mile. Millbrook Inn at South Pool less than 3 miles. Pub, cafe and shop at East Prawle just over 3 miles. Kingsbridge 9 miles.
- The beaches at East Portlemouth are the perfect place for families and couples to escape from the world for a while and are dog friendly all year round.
- There is a ferry service which takes visitors from East Portlemouth to Salcombe where there are excellent shops, pubs and restaurants to suit all tastes.
- It is a location particularly popular with yachtsmen, writers and artists as its natural beauty combined with the excellent sailing facilities enable all those visiting to appreciate its unique situation.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Little HavenThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.