- Sleeps: 3
- Bedrooms: 1
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code MARI
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Night Storage Heating
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
Yards from the harbour in Polperro, Marigold Cottage is a former fisherman's dwelling near the centre of the village. Low beamed ceilings, wooden stairs, cosy rooms and a spacious bedroom with four-poster bed combine to create a welcoming atmosphere. The owners have been at pains to retain the cottage ambience and many guests have crossed its' threshold over the years. Potter down to the harbour to sample any of the traditional inns, restaurants and shops or just to enjoy the spectacle of this popular Cornish fishing village.
Front door into kitchen/diner with quarry-tiled floor, feature fireplace and window seat. Well equipped kitchen with cooker, fridge with ice box, microwave and washing machine. Dining table to seat three. Stairs up to cosy, carpeted lounge with feature fireplace, drop leaf table and two chairs, two 2 seater sofas, Freeview TV, DVD player and radio/CD player. Shower room off first floor landing with shower cubicle, hand basin and WC. Further stairs (mind your head!) up to double bedroom with king size 5ft four poster bed, two window seats and extra 'Z' bed that can be used for a child.
Parking: Private allocated parking, 75 yards. Unloading possible outside.
- Included: Bed linen (no towels), travel cot, electricity and heating (night storage plus fan and portable heaters). Towels can be hired from the owners.
- Pets: One well behaved pet welcome.
- Telephone: Not provided. Mobile reception poor.
- Local Facilities: Polperro beach, 2 minutes walk. Talland beach, 1 mile. Shops, pubs and restaurants in Polperro. Looe with more facilites, 4 miles. Plymouth 25 miles. Truro 29 miles.
- Polperro has a number of cafes, pubs and restaurants, which unsurprisingly offer fantastic seafood, as well as a wide range of other cuisine.
- Regular boat trips take place from Polperro around the coastline, where lucky visitors may catch a glimpse of dolphins or seals.
- The Polperro Heritage Museum of Fishing and Smuggling, located on the harbourside, offers a fantastic insight into the history of the village.
- From adrenaline packed thrill rides to indoor play areas Flambards offers a full day of fun for the whole family.
- Trebah Garden, near Falmouth is a hidden gem in South Cornwall, where bright and colourful plant life give off an enchanting air and the Helford River sooths the soul.
- Finnygook beach is a lesser known, but beautiful sand and pebble beach in South Cornwall, with fantastic surf and wonderful local cafe's and restaurants, it's a sun, sea and sand seeker's dream.
- A visit to the world's largest indoor rainforest at the Eden Project is one of the must do attractions in Cornwall, with regular special events making for an unmissable day out.
- The Minack open air theatre stands on the cliffs near Land's End, and hosts a truly unique season of plays every year from May to September.
- Pendennis Castle in Falmouth introduces 450 years of history - from Henry VIII's coastal stronghold to a secret Second World War base. A wonderful visit, whatever the weather.
Property reviews for Marigold CottageThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.