- Sleeps 7
- Bedrooms 4
- Short Breaks No
- Dogs allowed Yes (£25 each per week)
- Changeover day Friday
- Property Code MOUNT
- Garden/Outside space
- Discount for small parties
- Virtual Tour Available (see description page)
- Nearby beach
- Nearby shop
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Village location
- Designated parking
- 2 or more bathrooms
- Central heating
- Log burner
- Garden or outside space
- Enclosed garden
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Non smoking
- Security deposit
- Dogs permitted
- Access statement available on request
Mount Stone is a very welcoming, attractive, detached family home situated in the very heart of Thurlestone just a short walk from the village pub and shop, set well back from the road, surrounded by a most attractive garden. This house is ideal for those who wish to be within easy reach of the beach and to be in the hub of the village, yet enjoy the quiet and privacy of this appealing property with its attractive comfortable rooms often awash with sunlight. The first floor balcony commands views of Thurlestone Bay and provides a special spot for al-fresco breakfasts or evening sundowners.
Steps lead up from the road beside the garage with paths across the gardens to the verandah and front door. Hallway leads into bright, spacious open plan sitting/dining room with wood burner, comfortable sofas and chairs, TV with Full Sky Package with movies and sports channels and DVD player. Alcoves stocked with books flank an attractive log burner with pine surround, and a generous window seat looks across the gardens. In the dining area a large oval table seats up to 10 and double doors open on to the verandah. The kitchen has an excellent range of fitted units with electric hob, built-in double oven and microwave, large fridge, freezer and dishwasher and extends into a breakfast area with table, chairs and bench. Downstairs cloakroom with WC and basin. Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and additional fridge. Access to garden. Stairs lead from dining area to landing. Attractive Master bedroom with king size bed, fitted wardrobes, views from dual aspect windows and French doors that open onto the balcony. En-suite shower room with power shower, basin and WC. Twin bedroom with 3ft beds (one only 6ft long) and fitted wardrobe. Second double bedroom with 4ft 6in bed, wash hand basin and fitted cupboards. Single bedroom with fitted wardrobes and 3ft bed. Bathroom with bath and handheld shower attachment, corner basin in vanity unit, separate power shower and WC.
The gardens have attractive shrubberies, trees and large sloping lawns with pathways around the house. Terrace in front of house. Garden table and chairs. Steps (21) to the house (with gate at the bottom by the road, but not at the top) lead up beside the garage.
Parking: The large double garage (suitable for one large and one small car) is situated on the road, with further parking available across the front of the garage.
- Included: All bed linen and towels (not beach towels) travel cot, high chair and summer electricity, central heating (oil) and electricity, Wifi.
- Security Deposit: £150.
- Pet: One dog only permitted at property. Regret no exceptions.
- Telephone: Incoming and local outgoing calls. Mobile reception mixed.
- Local Facilities: Beach: A third of a mile.Village Pub: 75 yards, Post Office and well stocked Village Shop: 100 yards, Golf club and course (handicap required) and tennis courts: Half a mile.
- Thurlestone Golf Course is ideally located for those who love to play a round and welcomes visitors to relax and unwind.
- The Village Inn serves food and drink daily and has a wonderful, welcoming atmosphere for anyone who wishes to relax and unwind.
- Thurlestone is well catered for with a village shop and post office offering all the things you may need for a self catered holiday in South Devon.
Whether you’re kite surfing, paddleboarding or wild swimming, South Devon provides fantastically scenic opportunities for trying out all sorts of adventure sports.
Walk the miles of stunning South West Coast Path (with your four-legged friend if staying at a pet-friendly property), stopping off in quaint villages and deserted coves.
Devon boasts Britain’s Ocean City, Plymouth, steeped in seafaring history, or for a spot of retail therapy why not visit historic Exeter.
You’ll feel closer to nature whilst in Devon, but if you fancy a more exotic experience, try Paignton Zoo or the National Marine Aquarium for great family days out.
Explore the quaint villages, miles of beaches and walk the coast path in South Devon, making sure you stop off for a cream tea en route!
Property reviews for Mount Stone
The short walk to the pub was ideal for the new year celebrations - good beer and a great live band.
We loved Mount Stone on our first visit and following the recent impovements it is even more delightful.
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.