- Sleeps 7
- Smoke free property
- Bedrooms 4
- Short Breaks No
- Pets allowed Yes (£25 each per week)
- Changeover day Friday
- Property Code MOUNT
- Beach close by
- Garden or outside space
- Enclosed garden
- Village location
- Pub close by
- Shop close by
- Golf course close by
- Designated Parking
- Two bathrooms
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Security deposit
Mount Stone is a very welcoming, attractive, detached family home situated in the very heart of Thurlestone just a short walk from the village pub and shop, set well back from the road, surrounded by a most attractive garden. This house is ideal for those who wish to be within easy reach of the beach and to be in the hub of the village, yet enjoy the quiet and privacy of this appealing property with its attractive comfortable rooms often awash with sunlight. The first floor balcony commands views of Thurlestone Bay and provides a special spot for al-fresco breakfasts or evening sundowners.
Steps lead up from the road beside the garage with paths across the gardens to the verandah and front door. Small hallway leads into bright, spacious open plan sitting/dining room with wood burner, comfortable sofas and chairs with TV and DVD player. Alcoves stocked with books flank an attractive log burner with pine surround, and a generous window seat looks across the gardens. In the dining area a large oval table seats up to 10 and double doors open on to the verandah. The kitchen has an excellent range of white fitted units with electric hob, built-in double oven and microwave, fridge, dishwasher and extends into a pine clad area with breakfast table, chairs and bench. Walk-in larder with fridge/freezer. Downstairs cloakroom with WC and basin with washing machine and tumble dryer. Access to garden. Carpeted stairs lead from dining area to landing. Attractive double bedroom (5ft bed) with fitted wardrobes, views from dual aspect windows and French doors that open onto the balcony. En-suite shower room with shower, basin and WC. Twin bedroom with 3ft beds (one only 6ft long) and fitted wardrobe. Small bedroom with 4ft 6in bed, wash hand basin and fitted cupboards. Single bedroom with fitted wardrobes and 3ft bed. Bathroom with bath and handheld shower attachment, corner basin in vanity unit, separate shower and WC.
The gardens have attractive shrubberies, trees and large sloping lawns with pathways around the house. Terrace in front of house. Garden table and chairs. Steps (21) to the house (with gate at the bottom by the road, but not at the top) lead up beside the garage.
Parking: The large double garage (suitable for one large and one small car) is situated on the road, with further parking available across the front of the garage.
- Included: All bed linen (not towels) travel cot, high chair and summer electricity, central heating (oil) and electricity, Wifi.
- Towels: Can be hired from an independent hire company, details from Toad Hall Cottages.
- Security Deposit: £150.
- Pet: One dog only permited at property. Regret no exceptions.
- Telephone: Incoming and outgoing 999 calls only. Mobile reception mixed.
- Local Facilities: Beach: A third of a mile.Pub: 75 yards, Post Office and Shop: 100 yards, Golf club and course (handicap required) and tennis courts: Half a mile.
- Thurlestone Golf Course is ideally located for those who love to play a round and welcomes visitors to relax and unwind.
- The Village Inn serves food and drink daily and has a wonderful, welcoming atmosphere for anyone who wishes to relax and unwind.
- Thurlestone is well catered for with a village shop and post office offering all the things you may need for a self catered holiday in South Devon.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Mount StoneThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.