Peek A Boo,
- Sleeps 2
- Smoke free property
- Bedrooms 1
- Short Breaks Yes
- Pets allowed Yes (£25 each per week)
- Changeover day Saturday
- Property Code PEEK
- Nearby shop
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Village location
- Designated Parking
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Garden or Outside space
- Non Smoking
The cottage is situated in Lakeview Rise, a small group of cottages set in three and a half acres of peaceful Devon countryside that slope down to a picturesque fishing lake. The grounds offer panoramic views across unspoilt woodland and farmland towards Dartmoor and border a section of the famous Tarka Trail. With a shared indoor heated swimming pool and sauna, the tranquillity of the location, its proximity to Bude and the fabulous beaches and cliffs of the Heritage coastline in this part of Devon and Cornwall, you can understand why this is an ideal holiday destination at any time of year. Tucked away in a quiet sunny corner, this cosy retreat provides all the comforts of home and has a private decked area on which to enjoy a relaxing drink or some al fresco dining. The local village with its pubs and shop is a 10 minute walk along the Tarka trail and the beautiful Dartmoor National Park is only 20 minutes drive away.
Open plan living room with leather sofa, leather chair, dining table to seat two, Freeview TV and DVD. Kitchen area with ceramic hob, electric built-in oven, dishwasher, fridge with ice box and microwave. Charming bedroom with 4ft 6in double bed. Bathroom with three quarter length bath, shower over, hand basin and WC.
- Landscaped lawns extend without enclosure amongst the other cottages and slope down to the well-stocked fishing lake (please bring own fishing equipment).
- Heated swimming pool (open all year) 30x15ft.
- His and Hers changing rooms, both with shower and WC.
- Large open mown field alongside the lake with tables and chairs, built-in barbecue and large children’s play area with swings and climbing frame.
- The Tarka Trail runs beside the lake.
- Laundry room on site with two coin operated washing machines and tumble dryer.
Outside: Decked area with table and two chairs.
Parking: Alongside the cottage for one car.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (no swimming towels), WiFi, electricity and heating (electric convector heaters).
- Pets: One small dog only.
- Telephone: No telephone provided, payphone on site. Mobile reception mixed.
- May be suitable for those with walking disabilities. Please discuss property's suitability prior to booking.
- Local Facilities: Bude beaches, 16 miles. Shop and pub, half a mile. Hatherleigh 4 miles. Okehampton 11 miles.
- Highampton Lakes at Greenacre Farm offer excellent coarse and fly fishing in the heart of North Devon.
- The Golden Inn is the perfect place to to relax and unwind after a long day exploring the region.
Admire Damien Hurst’s statue in Ilfracombe harbour, contemplate the design of the town’s Landmark Theatre and take a dip at the Tunnels Beaches.
Make a day trip by sea or helicopter to Lundy Island, England’s only designated Marine Nature Reserve, a real must for wildlife enthusiasts.
Walk the South West Coast Path to Hartland Point and look out to sea where the Bristol Channel officially ends and the Atlantic Ocean begins.
Devon boasts Britain’s Ocean City, Plymouth, steeped in seafaring history, or for a spot of retail therapy why not visit historic Exeter.
You’ll feel closer to nature whilst in Devon, but if you fancy a more exotic experience, try Paignton Zoo or the National Marine Aquarium for great family days out.
Explore the quaint villages, miles of beaches and walk the coast path in South Devon, making sure you stop off for a cream tea en route!
Property reviews for Peek A Boo
very pleasant place well equiped & very well cared for.
enjoyed our stay very much having been well and thoughtfully catered for.
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.