Peek A Boo,
- Sleeps 2
- Smoke free property
- Bedrooms 1
- Short Breaks Yes
- Pets allowed Yes (£25 each per week)
- Changeover day Saturday
- Property Code PEEK
- Swimming pool
- Garden or outside space
- Rural location
- Village location
- Pub close by
- Shop close by
- Designated Parking
The cottage is situated in Lakeview Rise, a small group of cottages set in three and a half acres of peaceful Devon countryside that slope down to a picturesque fishing lake. The grounds offer panoramic views across unspoilt woodland and farmland towards Dartmoor and border a section of the famous Tarka Trail. With a superb shared indoor heated swimming pool and sauna, the tranquillity of the location, its proximity to Bude and the fabulous beaches and cliffs of the Heritage coastline in this part of Devon and Cornwall, you can understand why this is an ideal holiday destination at any time of year. Tucked away in a quiet sunny corner, this cosy retreat provides all the comforts of home and has a private decked area on which to enjoy a relaxing drink or some al fresco dining. The local village with its pubs and shop is a 10 minute walk along the Tarka trail and the beautiful Dartmoor National Park is only 20 minutes drive away.
Open plan living room with leather sofa, leather chair, dining table to seat two, Freeview TV and DVD. Kitchen area with ceramic hob, electric built-in oven, dishwasher, fridge with ice box and microwave. Charming bedroom with 4ft 6in double bed. Bathroom with three quarter length bath, shower over, hand basin and WC.
- Landscaped lawns extend without enclosure amongst the other cottages and slope down to the well-stocked fishing lake (please bring own fishing equipment).
- Heated swimming pool (open all year) 30x15ft.
- His and Hers changing rooms, both with shower and WC.
- Large open mown field alongside the lake with tables and chairs, built-in barbecue and large children’s play area with swings and climbing frame.
- The Tarka Trail runs beside the lake.
- Laundry room on site with two coin operated washing machines and tumble dryer.
Outside: Decked area with table and two chairs.
Parking: Alongside the cottage for one car.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (no swimming towels), WiFi, electricity and heating (electric convector heaters).
- Pets: One small dog only.
- Telephone: No telephone provided, payphone on site. Mobile reception mixed.
- Local Facilities: Bude beaches, 16 miles. Shop and pub, half a mile. Hatherleigh 4 miles. Okehampton 11 miles.
- Highampton Lakes at Greenacre Farm offer excellent coarse and fly fishing in the heart of North Devon.
- The Golden Inn is the perfect place to to relax and unwind after a long day exploring the region.
Lundy Island lies off the North Devon coastline, visitors can join snorkel safaris, go hunting in rockpools or search for the many varieties of plant and animal life that inhabit the island.
Broomhill International Art Gallery and Sculpture Park contains over 300 sculptures spread over seven acres, making it the perfect place to relax and explore at a leisurely pace.
The Coombe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park allows you to experience a wide range of animals up close, view life size dinosaur models and much more. A wonderful family day out with something for everyone.
Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Peek A Boo
enjoyed our stay very much having been well and thoughtfully catered for.
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.