Smallbrook Old Farm,
- 20% Off all full weeks booked before the end of June!!
Exeter AreaEast Devon
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: Yes
(£25 each per week)
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code SMALLB
- Washing Machine
- Broadband Connection
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
This delightful cottage is attached to a wonderful traditional Devon farmhouse dating back to the early 17th century which features thick walls, beamed ceilings and a welcoming farmhouse kitchen, a splendid area for congregating with family or friends. Situated a few miles outside the Roman city of Exeter with its medieval cathedral, the farmhouse is surrounded by soft Devon countryside and is perfectly located as a base for exploring the whole of Devon. Exeter with its restaurants, leisure facilities and shops is a few minutes drive away and the rugged North coast and Exmoor can be reached by driving through the beautiful Exe Valley, perhaps stopping off at the picturesque village of Dunster. Dartmoor National Park and the golden sandy beaches of the South coast are easily accessible as is Celtic Cornwall and there are a host of family attractions throughout the area. The cottage has a pretty private garden area with flowering pots and established trees which, catches both the morning and evening sun, so is a perfect place to relax after a hectic day enjoying oneself. Guests are welcomed with a lovely platter of local produce including Quickes cheese.
“Thanks so much for a wonderfully presented, cosy and luxurious house. We had a fabulously relaxing time here in Devon enjoying the sun, food (particularly the local gifts on our arrival), the peace and quiet, the walks and the local golf course. It is a beautiful little jewel and we very much enjoyed every moment.”
"Thank you so much for allowing us to sample the delights of your holiday cottage. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The peace and tranquility was an oasis in our frantic working lives." The Coxes
Entrance hall/utility room with washing machine, butler sink and plenty of room for wellies, coats and wet dogs. Delightful farmhouse kitchen with shaker style units, a free standing Rangemaster electric range with ceramic hob, grill and two ovens set in the original fireplace, a dishwasher, fridge, separate freezer and microwave. Farmhouse dining table with 6 chairs and a window seat overlooking the garden. Comfortable lounge with exposed beams, sofa, two armchairs, feature flame effect fan heater and 26” flat screen TV and DVD. Off the lounge is a day room/additional bedroom with 3ft day bed and chest of drawers. Stairs to landing with a fitted cupboard with plenty of hanging space. Pretty double bedroom with an attractive wrought iron double bedstead, a chest of drawers and hanging rail. Family bathroom with bath, shower over, hand basin and WC. Twin bedroom with two 3ft beds, chest of drawers, hanging rail and hand basin.
Private garden area in front of cottage with path leading to own parking area. South facing terrace with seating to the front. Further private area of enclosed lawn at the rear of the cottage with garden table, chairs and country views.
Parking: For up to 2 cars on driveway.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi, stair gate, electricity and central heating (gas).
- Pets: Two well behaved dogs welcome.
- Telephone: No telephone.
- Local Facilities: Hookway Golf Course quarter mile (pay and play). Village shop, post office and Beer Engine pub (great atmosphere and brew own beer) in Newton St Cyres three quarters of a mile. Quickes Farm Shop half a mile. Exeter 5 miles.
- Being so close to Exeter opens up a wealth of places to eat, drink and catch some entertainment. From local pubs to a vast array of restaurants in the city, Exeter has it all.
- Exeter Cathedral is one of the must visit sights of the area, with Longest uninterrupted vaulted ceiling in the world and nearly a thousand years of history, it's not to be missed!
- For a more unique experience, why not visit the Underground passages that snake their way through Exeter. Great for the whole family and a fantastic day out.
- Exeter Cathedral is one of the finest cathedrals in the country and a wonderful example of gothic architecture. The vast stone and glass building tells a colourful and historic story that shouldn't be miss
- The East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) is the perfect place to explore on foot or horseback, while regular farmers markets and beautiful art galleries offer something a little different.
- Bicton Park Botanical Gardens shares 300 years of horticultural history and has something for everyone, from magnificent glass houses to nature trails or mini golf.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Smallbrook Old FarmThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.