- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code SYCA
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Nearby beaches
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden
- Multiple Loos
Sycamore Cottage, a welcoming and beautifully presented cottage on the outskirts of the attractive village of Beeson is close to the sea and the popular beach at Beesands, South Devon. Enjoying lovely views across rolling South Hams countryside to the sea beyond, it is fresh and bright, furnished with style and taste making this cottage a real holiday treat and ideal for families. The wide panorama of Start Bay is half a mile from the cottage at Beesands, a village well known for its excellent pub and locally caught fresh fish and from where the South West Coastal Path provides fabulous walking along the cliff tops that dip into hidden sandy coves. The area is rich in the variety of things to do; Slapton Ley National Nature Reserve is a paradise for bird watchers, Kingsbridge and Dartmouth are nearby with riding, golf and sailing available locally, country inns and smart restaurants offer excellent Devon fare and the sandy beaches of the Kingsbridge/Salcombe estuary provide endless entertainment for children and adults alike.
"Lovely cottage. Tastefully furnished. Views beautiful. Love the countryside and beaches around here. Thanks for the wine, much appreciated." The Coupe family
Front door into hallway. Cloakroom with basin and WC. Most attractive sitting room with two large red sofas and brown leather armchair, TV/DVD with Sky sports, iPod dock, stereo/CD player and French doors to the garden. The smart, very well equipped and fitted kitchen diner has a ceramic hob and built-under oven, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave and fridge/freezer. The dining area has a fine dining table to seat 6 and attractive country views from the window. Large under-stairs storage cupboard. Stairs to the landing and three delightful bedrooms. Bunk bedroom with a set of full size 3ft bunk beds, wardrobe and good views of the countryside and sea. Double bedroom with pretty wrought iron 4ft 6in bedstead, fitted cupboard, wardrobe and an en-suite shower room with large cubicle and power shower, basin and WC. Twin bedroom with 3ft beds and fitted wardrobe. Family bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC.
The property is the centre of a row of three in a quiet close. The garden is totally enclosed, laid to lawns on two terraces with a picnic bench and enjoys open countryside views and sea glimpses. A gate at the end of the garden gives access to a pathway around the perimeter of other properties to the front.
Parking: Designated for one car, other parking available in the Close.
- Included: Bed linen, (no towels, except for overseas’ visitors), travel cot, high chair, stair gate, electricity and central heating (electric).
- Security Deposit: £200
- Telephone: No telephone, mobile reception good.
- Local Facilities: Beach and pub at Beesands half a mile. Sandy beaches on the Salcombe estuary 5 miles. Shop/PO at Torcross 21/2 miles. Kingsbridge 6 miles, Dartmouth 10 miles.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Sycamore Cottage
Lovely cottage in peaceful location
We found the cottage to be very clean, comfortable, tastefully decorated, warm and well-equipped. The photographs on the website are a true reflection of the interior and exterior, and in particular we found the cottage surprisingly spacious for a relatively new property. We enjoyed the lovely views of the surrounding countryside whilst eating in the dining room. The location is ideal for exploring the coast and South Hams region. The South Devon coastal path is within a half-mile of the house, so during our stay we left the car behind and walked from the cottage to Slapton village and also to Start Point lighthouse. Salcombe and Dartmouth are also in easy driving distance. The only disappointment was the weather during our stay which was a little cool for early April! We would not hesitate to recommend this cottage to those who enjoy a peaceful location outside of the main tourist areas.
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.