- Sleeps 10
- Bedrooms 4
- Short Breaks No
- Dogs allowed Yes (£25 each per week)
- Changeover day Friday
- Property Code THWAYS
- Garden/Outside space
- Nearby beach
- Nearby shop
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Village location
- Designated Parking
- 2 or more bathrooms
- Garden or Outside space
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Non Smoking
- Security Deposit
- Nearby golf facilities
- Access Statement available on request
Thatchways is a lovingly refurbished cottage, some parts dating back to the 17th Century, which offers luxury accommodation for up to 10 guests. Situated in the older part of Thurlestone, a short stroll from the Village Inn and well stocked shop, this wonderful cottage is ideally situated to take advantage of the many glorious beaches and coastal walks that make this part of Devon so popular. As well as providing well-proportioned reception rooms and bedrooms, the cottage also has a thatched studio at the top of the garden and provides a perfect retreat for reclusive teenagers, boisterous children or grandparents who just want some peace and quiet. For al fresco living there is a light and sunny conservatory/dining area with doors that open onto a private patio, perfect for dining late into the summer evenings. But Thatchways is also a great destination for those who want the peace and quiet associated with the out of season periods, having a comfortable lounge with fireplace and all the creature comforts required for cosy nights in. In conclusion, this is a very special property, spacious and comfortable which we highly recommend.
Entrance into conservatory. Fully glazed, this light room is a perfect dining area with a table and chairs for 10 guests. Steps to the open plan living area and very well equipped farmhouse kitchen complete with a large electric range, large fridge with separate freezer, dishwasher and microwave. Steps down to the lounge with large fireplace and a woodburner style gas fire. Three seater sofa, armchairs and table stool, flat screen TV, DVD, VCR player and Freeview. Steps up through glazed doors to the drawing room, ideal for reading or listening to music, with piano, sofa, a couple of arm chairs, electric flame effect burner and flat screen TV with integral DVD. Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer. Downstairs cloakroom, with WC and hand basin. A rear door opens onto an enchanting rear patio, perfect for unwinding during the summer. First floor family bathroom, equipped with shower cubicle, bath with hand held shower, hand basin and WC. Large master bedroom with 5ft double bed and en-suite bathroom, with bath (shower over), hand basin and WC. Twin room with 3ft bed having pull out 3ft bed (that will combine to make a double). Double bedroom with 4ft 6in bed and second bathroom with bath and hand held shower, hand basin and WC. Twin bedroom with 3ft single and 2’6” pull out bed. In the garden there is a delightful separate thatched spacious studio with a sofa, two 3ft single beds, another piano, DVD and VCR players and music system.
The cottage has two patios, one adjoining the conservatory and the second at the rear, with garden tables and chairs. The garden has a series of terraced lawns, with mature shrubs and trees giving total privacy. Young children and toddlers will need supervision, as there are drops from the terrace retaining walls.
Parking: For up to two cars in designated parking bays.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi, high chair, heating (electric wall heaters) and electricity.
- Security Deposit: £300.
- Pets: Maximum of 2 well mannered pets welcome (downstairs only).
- Telephone: Honesty box for UK landline calls. Mobile reception mixed
- Local Facilities: Beaches Thurlestone Sands two thirds of a mile, Bantham beach 3 miles. Salcombe beaches 6 miles. Golf course and tennis courts half a mile (pay to play, but must have a handicap certificate). Village shop/post office and Pub, 100 yards. Kingsbridge with supermarket, shops, restaurants and pubs 4 miles.
- Please Note: As this is a thatched cottage barbecues must not be lit in the grounds as this constitutes a considerable fire risk.
- Thurlestone Golf Course is ideally located for those who love to play a round and welcomes visitors to relax and unwind.
- The Village Inn serves food and drink daily and has a wonderful, welcoming atmosphere for anyone who wishes to relax and unwind.
- Thurlestone is well catered for with a village shop and post office offering all the things you may need for a self catered holiday in South Devon.
Whether you’re kite surfing, paddleboarding or wild swimming, South Devon provides fantastically scenic opportunities for trying out all sorts of adventure sports.
Walk the miles of stunning South West Coast Path with your four-legged friend, stopping off in quaint villages and deserted coves.
Devon boasts Britain’s Ocean City, Plymouth, steeped in seafaring history, or for a spot of retail therapy why not visit historic Exeter.
You’ll feel closer to nature whilst in Devon, but if you fancy a more exotic experience, try Paignton Zoo or the National Marine Aquarium for great family days out.
Explore the quaint villages, miles of beaches and walk the coast path in South Devon, making sure you stop off for a cream tea en route!
Property reviews for Thatchways
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.