- Sleeps: 7
- Bedrooms: 3
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code LTDART
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Log Burner
- Nearby Pub
- Central Heating
- Multiple Baths
Lower Tideford Farm Cottages are a group of five country cottages provided with excellent amenities and set around a courtyard deep in South Devon countryside, a truly peaceful spot with beautiful views over green rolling hills. It is 4 miles to historic Dartmouth with the spectacular River Dart, the historic towns of Totnes, Kingsbridge and Salcombe are within easy reach and Dartmoor National Park, one of England's last great wildernesses, is a short drive away. Peaceful and secluded in 30 acres of rolling farmland the holiday cottages are named after local towns and villages in Devon.
Converted to a high standard from traditional Devon stone barns the cottages retain many original beams and trusses and are all equipped with dishwashers, microwaves, radio/CD players and have comfortable beds with duvets and bed linen provided.
There is plenty to do at Lower Tideford from relaxing in the courtyard, enjoying the lovely views across the valley or trying some of the ball games on offer. The cottages are ideal for families who are looking for a perfect, very comfortable, base in which to relax and unwind and enjoy some of the best South Hams' beaches close at hand and some really excellent pubs and restaurants in the area.
- Shared grounds of 30 acres, with sitting out area with furniture, barbecue, fenced stream and pond in the valley.
- Shared games barn with football, table tennis, basket ball, badminton and volleyball.
- Cycle storage
- Shared laundry room with washing machine, coin operated tumble dryer and chest freezer.
- Local wildlife that includes badger setts, hares, rabbits and a resident barn owl.
- Access to footpaths for walking.
Applicable to all cottages:
- Included: Bed linen, not towels (which can be hired at £4 per person per week), cot and high chair (by arrangement), electricity and central heating (oil), except The Tuckenhay which has electric heating.
- Security Deposit : £100 per property payable to the owner.
- Telephone: No telephone. Mobile reception fair.
- Smoking: No smoking
- Parking: Ample
- Local Facilities: Beach Blackpool Sands 7 miles. Shops, pubs and restaurants in Dartmouth 4 miles. Pub in Cornworthy a mile.
The Dartmouth is ideal for the large family. Spacious and sunny this cottage is furnished and decorated to a high standard ensuring a relaxing holiday for all.
Extremely spacious lounge , a beautiful room, comfortably and stylishly furnished with wood burner and windows to three sides, Freeview TV and DVD. French doors onto the courtyard and views to the south over the valley to meadows beyond. Large fitted kitchen diner with electric hob, built-in eye level double oven, larder fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave. Dining table to seat 7. Upstairs: Large master bedroom with 4ft 6in double bed, en-suite shower room with power shower, hand basin and WC. Lovely views to the south and east with sea glimpses. Large twin bedroom with 2, plus a single pull out, 3ft beds. Bunk bedroom with a set of 3ft bunks. Bathroom with power shower over the bath, bidet, hand basin and WC.
- For over 600 years, Greenway was the private holiday home of Agatha Christie and is only a boat ride away from Dartmouth. A sunny afternoon exploring the beautiful Georgian mansion and Gardens is not to be missed.
- Dartmouth is home to a wide range of Bars, Restaurants and Cafes. Quickly becoming known for its excellent local food, there is something to suit all tastes and pockets in Dartmouth.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for The DartmouthThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.