- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Short Breaks: Yes
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code MEDE
- Washing Machine
- Log Burner
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
- Enclosed Garden
- Detached Property
- Multiple Loos
The Mede is a surprising property, set in a quiet residential cul-de-sac on the edge of the unusual and delightful village of Topsham. This detached bungalow is spotless, fresh and bright, extremely comfortable, and the delightful enclosed garden has simply wonderful views up and down the Exe estuary. A decked viewpoint overlooks an attractive recreation park below, beyond which the estuary river provides endlessly changing scenes with the ebb and flow of the tides.
The Mede has been thoughtfully refurbished and is particularly suitable for those with walking disabilities. All on one level, there are no steps either approaching or within the property and provides a haven of peace and privacy, with the estuary, famous for its birdlife, providing pleasant riverside walks and Topsham offers excellent shopping. Shopaholics will love the eclectic mix of interesting boutiques, antique shops and weekly market, while foodies will savour the numerous good pubs, tea rooms and award winning restaurants. Topsham is pretty special, a hidden gem that is only 4 miles from the historic city of Exeter and has easy road access to the whole of the South West.
Front door into spacious hallway that combines as an extra seating area with a comfortable sofa. Sliding glass doors open to a delightful conservatory dining room with table to seat 5 and glass doors that open to the enclosed garden and views. Comfortable sitting room with four armchairs, a rug, wood burner, TV with DVD and large patio doors to the terrace and garden. Smart new, well equipped kitchen with ceramic hob, built-under electric oven, dishwasher, larder fridge, microwave and separate freezer. Washing machine in adjacent garage off the hallway. Cloakroom with basin and WC. Spacious central hallway. Double bedroom with 5ft bed and hanging hooks. Adjacent contemporary shower/wet room with basin, WC, under-floor heating and shower seat. Twin bedroom with 3ft beds, garden views and hanging hooks. Single bedroom, 3ft bed and patio doors to a deck area and garden.
The Mede is tucked at the end of a cul-de-sac, where there is a gravelled drive. The garden at the rear, which includes a small raised ornamental pond, is totally enclosed by hedges, beyond which is a steep drop to parkland below. A decked and railed viewing area and paved terrace in front of the sitting room provide seating areas - table, chairs and parasol provided.
Parking: For two cars in driveway.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi, electricity and central heating (gas) . Wood burner laid up.
- Telephone: For incoming calls only.
- Local Facilities: Sandy beaches at Dawlish Warren 6 miles, Exmouth 5 miles. Shops, pubs and restaurants a few minutes’ walk. Exeter Golf & Country Club 1.3 miles. Exeter and M5 4 miles.
- Please Note: This property is particularly suitable for the partially disabled.
- Topsham has an abundance of restaurants that offer a wide range from seafood, to Indian or Tapas and everything in between.
- There are a number of pubs in Topsham offering a fantastic selection of ales and wines as well as some familiar favourites.
- Topsham Pool is an open air swimming pool and the perfect place to spend a day swimming and enjoying the sunshine.
- Exeter Cathedral is one of the finest cathedrals in the country and a wonderful example of gothic architecture. The vast stone and glass building tells a colourful and historic story that shouldn't be miss
- The East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) is the perfect place to explore on foot or horseback, while regular farmers markets and beautiful art galleries offer something a little different.
- Bicton Park Botanical Gardens shares 300 years of horticultural history and has something for everyone, from magnificent glass houses to nature trails or mini golf.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for The MedeThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.