- Sleeps 7
- Bedrooms 3
- Short Breaks No
- Dogs allowed Yes (£25 each per week)
- Changeover day Friday
- Property Code THE19
- Garden/Outside space
- Discount for small parties
- Nearby beach
- Nearby shop
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Village location
- Designated parking
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- 2 or more bathrooms
- Central heating
- Garden or outside space
- Enclosed garden
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Non smoking
- Security deposit
- Nearby golf facilities
- Access statement available on request
So named because the original owners were accomplished golfers, The Nineteenth is now enjoyed by a family of keen surfers and lovers of water sports. Refurbished throughout, this attractive property offers light and airy accommodation with wonderful views of the coastline and sea from many of the rooms and the sunny raised terrace. Located just a short walk from the sandy beach and the South West Coastal Path it’s hard to imagine a more idyllic spot, summer or winter, with so much for families and couples to do on the doorstep. The open plan living area provides a perfect venue for getting together with friends and family and the garden provides a sheltered spot to soak up some sun or dine alfresco. The Nineteenth is on one level and parking for two cars provides added convenience.
Previous Guest Comments:
"Fabulous place to stay, what a gem! Appreciated attention to detail. We have had 2 weeks absolute bliss. Will miss the views, the beach and the lovely views. Riding the sea tractor to the Pilchard curry evening quite an experience. We will be back!" The Gettings family.
"Fabulous week. Mesmerised by the views; delighted with the dog friendly food stops; lucky with the weather and utterly content with the house! .... had an absolutely wonderful holiday. Now so chilled we can barely pop our corks..."
"Thank you for sharing your beautiful home - we had a lovely week even with the mixed weather and the house was so comfortable and well equipped. ...lots of beach time, cliff top walks, lunch at The Beach House & Oyster Shack, Aquarium at Plymouth and more. We hope to return!" The Chantrey family.
Rear hallway (from parking area) to open plan living room. From the extensively glazed lounge area with twin sofas, additional beanbag and TV (Freeview) and DVD, large patio doors open onto the raised terrace with steps down to the front garden. Dining area with seating for 7 leads to a modern and spacious kitchen with electric hob, oven, larder fridge, separate freezer, dishwasher and microwave. Utility cupboard off hallway with washing machine and tumble dryer. Twin bedroom with two 3ft beds. Family bathroom with bath, shower over, hand basin and WC. Separate WC. Master bedroom with 5ft bed, en suite shower room with shower and hand basin (not WC). Double bedroom with superking size bed, (can be separated into two 3ft link beds) and full length 2ft 6in day bed.
Front garden with garden table and chairs. Rear garden with morning patio and bistro table and chairs. Outside shower facility and wet suit hanging area. All year south facing garden bench at front to enjoy sunshine whatever the season.
For two cars in front of garage, with access down slightly sloping pathway through rear garden.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (guests must bring their own beach towels), travel cot, high chair, electricity and central heating.
- Security deposit: £150.00
- Pets: 1 well behaved dog welcome (front garden not dog proof).
- Telephone for incoming and emergency outgoing calls only. Mobile reception patchy. WiFi available.
- Local facilities: Two sandy beaches within 5 minutes walk. Discovery Surf School on beach. Beach shop 200 yards. Very well stocked local shop in St Ann's Chapel 3 miles. Venus Cafe on beach and Bay View Cafe (offering evening meals) 200 yards. Pubs: The Pilchard Inn on Burgh Island accessible at low water or by seasonal sea tractor and Pickwick Inn at St Ann's Chapel. Golf: Bigbury Golf Course I mile (pay and play). Thurlestone Golf Club 8 miles (handicap certificate required) Modbury 5.5 miles, Kingsbridge 6.5 miles, Salcombe 10 miles.
- Fans of the coast will love the largest sandy beach in South Devon at Bigbury-on-Sea, facing south to Bigbury Bay.
- Bigbury-on-Sea is home to a post office and local stores, supplying everything you'll need while on a self catered holiday in South Devon.
- Burgh Island is located just off the coast at Bigbury-on-Sea. With buildings famed for their Art Deco architecture and a friendly pub on the island, a visit to Burgh Island makes for an unforgettable day out.
Whether you’re kite surfing, paddleboarding or wild swimming, South Devon provides fantastically scenic opportunities for trying out all sorts of adventure sports.
Walk the miles of stunning South West Coast Path with your four-legged friend, stopping off in quaint villages and deserted coves.
Devon boasts Britain’s Ocean City, Plymouth, steeped in seafaring history, or for a spot of retail therapy why not visit historic Exeter.
You’ll feel closer to nature whilst in Devon, but if you fancy a more exotic experience, try Paignton Zoo or the National Marine Aquarium for great family days out.
Explore the quaint villages, miles of beaches and walk the coast path in South Devon, making sure you stop off for a cream tea en route!
Property reviews for The Nineteenth
have booked with toad hall now for five years, will continue
Mrs Julie A Culver
We did not see the caretaker or owner so I have left the answer as average but that was fine with us. This property has amazing views from all angles and the sunsets from the balcony were beautiful.
Mrs P. Hopgood
We had a great holiday and will probably book the accomodation again
Had a great holiday and are hoping to book again for next year. Many thanks.
The property did not disappoint. Excellent location and very comfortable !
We spent a very good week at The Nineteenth and would certainly use Toad Hall Cottages again.
The accommodation was excellent and the views are stunning! We loved it!
A very well equipped and maintained property. Fantastic location for the beautiful beaches at Bigbury on sea. The surf school is brilliant and all just a short walk (5 mins max) from the house. We had our baby daughter with us so really appreciated not having to take a travel cot or high chair with us!
we had a fabulous stay and property was well equipped. Whenever I phoned Toad hall cottages everyone I spoke to was polite and happy to help. Thank you
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.