The Old Bakehouse (Tuckenhay),
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 5
- Short Breaks: No
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Friday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code TOBAKE
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Log Burner
- Broadband Connection
- Waterside property
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Central Heating
- Multiple Bathrooms
This simply stunning waterside holiday home is located at the head of a pretty tidal creek that flows into the Dart Estuary in South Devon. Guests can relax on the balcony overlooking the water and watch the swans drift by or launch their kayaks nearby and paddle down Bow Creek, passing the local waterside pub to join the main river. This meanders upstream to the delightfully Bohemian market town of Totnes and downstream to Dittisham, the yachting haven of Dartmouth and the sea. Recently totally redeveloped The Old Bakehouse offers unrivalled 5 Star accommodation, with a comfortable lounge and dining room, both equipped with woodburner stoves, a most impressive modern kitchen and 5 comfortable bedrooms; all en suite, which includes a huge master bedroom featuring attractive exposed beams. Centrally located in the beautiful South Hams guests have easy access to the many beaches, country walks, stunning coastline, pretty Devon villages and Dartmoor National Park and as a result we couldn’t recommend this delightful retreat more highly.
Hallway. Lounge with two sofas, additional beanbags, woodburner stove, Freesat TV with DVD. Dining room with table and chairs to seat 8, woodburner stove. Modern kitchen with induction hob, oven, steam oven, combi microwave, dishwasher and fridge freezer with icemaker. Utility with washing machine and tumble dryer. First floor with 4 bedrooms. Bedroom 1. Two 3ft beds (can be linked to form a double), en-suite shower room and balcony with views over the creek. Bedrooms 2 and 3 with 4ft 6in doubles and en-suite shower rooms. Bedroom 4. 4ft 6in bed with en-suite bathroom. Stairs to master bedroom 5 with 5ft bed and en-suite bath and shower room.
Balcony furnished with table and chairs running half the width of house, overlooking the water and accessed from the utility and window from lounge. Natural garden across lane in front of property, laid to grass.
Parking: for one medium sized car in front of property and for another car beside the property, between it and the adjacent barn. Additional lane parking generally available close to property.
- Included: Bed linen, towels, WiFi, electricity, central heating (oil underfloor heating and woodburner stoves) and complimentary baskets of logs in appropriate season.
- Security Deposit: £250.
- Telephone: For incoming and local outgoing calls only. Mobile reception poor.
- Local Facilities: Various South Coast beaches within ½ hour drive. Two excellent waterside pubs serving food within ½ mile. Golf and leisure 6 miles. Totnes with all facilities incuding main line train station 3 miles.
- The Maltsters Arms and The Waterman's Arms are both within half a mile and are the perfect place to take a stroll and grab a drink on a lovely evening in South Devon
- There is an excellent and well stocked village shop and Post Office in Harbertonford, only three miles away from Tuckenhay
- Walkers, ornithologists and photographers will enjoy the riverside location of Tuckenhay and the wonderful access to the local countryside.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for The Old Bakehouse (Tuckenhay)There are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.