Thorpe Arnold Major,
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke free property
- Bedrooms 4
- Short Breaks Yes
- Pets allowed Yes (£25 each per week)
- Changeover day Friday
- Property Code MAJOR
- Beach close by
- Garden or outside space
- Village location
- Pub close by
- Shop close by
- Golf course close by
- Romantic breaks
- Designated Parking
- Two bathrooms
- Open fire or log burner
- Night storage heater
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Security deposit
This superb, very spacious, detached and welcoming family property has quite outstanding views over the coastline, the open sea and the golf links. It is situated adjacent to the 9th green on Thurlestone Golf Course and has been extended to make two self contained houses sleeping 8 people in each. There are spacious lawned gardens to the front and rear of the property and parking for six cars. The magnificent views can be enjoyed from the living rooms and most bedrooms and the sandy beaches and the centre of the village are within easy walking distance.
Thorpe Arnold Major and Thorpe Arnold Minor (property code MINOR) together sleep 16.
Outside: Large gardens both at the front and the back, open between both properties.
Parking Ample parking in the drive.
Thorpe Arnold Major Accomodation:
Porch leading to hallway. Spacious living room comfortably furnished with sofas and armchairs, window seats, TV/DVD, Mini HiFi with CD, Wii console with games, open fireplace. Dining room with table and chairs. French doors to patio and garden. Well equipped kitchen with fitted cupboards, electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, hatchway to dining room. Shower room with shower, basin, WC. Back door to garden. First floor: 2 double bedrooms with 3ft zip linked twin beds. 1 twin bedroom with 3ft single beds. 1 Double bedroom with 2 x 2ft 6in zip linked beds. All bedrooms have wash hand basins. Bathroom with bath and basin. Shower room with basin and WC. Utility room shared with Thorpe Arnold Minor.
- Included: Travel cot, high chair, Wifi, electricity and heating (night storage).
- Bed linen and towels may be hired from an independent hire company - details from Toad Hall Cottages.
- Security deposit £50 .
- Pets: Well mannered pets allowed (maximum of 2, Garden not dog proof).
- Telephone for incoming, and outgoing local and 999 calls only. Mobile reception mixed.
- Local facilities: Beaches: Cowrie beach 5 minutes walk. Beaches at Thurlestone Sands approximately 10 minutes walk. Village Inn and Post Office/shop about quarter of a mile. Golf Club half mile. Pay to play (handicap required). Communal utility room : the guests from each house share the use of washing machine, tumble dryer, large freezer, iron and ironing board.
- Thurlestone Golf Course is ideally located for those who love to play a round and welcomes visitors to relax and unwind.
- The Village Inn serves food and drink daily and has a wonderful, welcoming atmosphere for anyone who wishes to relax and unwind.
- Thurlestone is well catered for with a village shop and post office offering all the things you may need for a self catered holiday in South Devon.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for Thorpe Arnold Major
House is lovely, we would definitely go again however it definitely needs updating. The bathrooms are a little tired as is the carpet throughout the house. This certainly didn't ruin our holiday though, we had the most wonderful time and want to book for next year!
We were a little worrried about the smoking being allowed - but alas the cottage didnt smell of smoke at all - so this was a great relief. the location and set up of the cottage was fantastic for our family get together - better than expected - The only thing that really bothered me was laundry/ linens - as in bring your own sheets - as you can imagine coming from the states with luggage weight restrictions - you cant plan to bring your own linens - just not realistic - the cost of rental were a high - I could buy and throw away a moderately good set of sheets for less. Other cottages included linens so I will look at them before this cottage - which is a shame as we loved the property - I think an option should be put in place ie higher price to include linens to give you an idea the cost of linens was equivelant to 1 weeks car rental - I think you can understand where our budget drove us. ( My sister bought all her sheets down to accommodate the linens issue) We own a number of proprties to rent - lease and include. linens etc . So this was a new experience - I know at the time of booking we were made aware of this- however I do believe the owners of the property should have this hightlighted as they do I am sure loose busniess, and potentially repeat business - which is what we all want. Overall our experience with Toad Hall cottages was fantastic - we did talk to some of the company representatives(Toad Hall) during booking and they were fantastic - all of them. We will use you again next year. I will also book earlier to ensure we get a cottage we would like - with linens ( sorry to harp on!). Thorpe Arnold Major was a great cottage - we thought it was set up perfectly for us and the open space downstairs with the fireplace - dinning table being able to sit both families at was great - overall a fantastic cottage . Please get them to sort out the linens and add into the price - we potentailly would book both cottages for 2 weeks next year
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.