Thorpe Arnold Minor,
- Sleeps 8
- Bedrooms 4
- Short Breaks Yes
- Dogs allowed Yes (£25 each per week)
- Changeover day Friday
- Property Code MINOR
- Garden/Outside space
- Allows short breaks
- Nearby beach
- Nearby shop
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Village location
- Designated parking
- 2 or more bathrooms
- Night storage or electric heating
- Garden or outside space
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Non smoking
- Security deposit
- Dogs permitted
- Access statement available on request
Please note the following details refer to 2016. For 2017 details please contact the booking office.
Adjacent to the 9th green on Thurlestone Golf Course is Thorpe Arnold Minor, a reverse-level portion of this detached and welcoming family property which has been extended to make two self contained houses sleeping 8 people in each. Enjoying quite outstanding views over the coastline, the open sea and the golf links, there are spacious lawned gardens to the front and rear of the property and parking for six cars. The magnificent views can be enjoyed from the living rooms and most bedrooms and the sandy beaches and the centre of the village are within easy walking distance.
Thorpe Arnold Major (property code MAJOR ) and Thorpe Arnold Minor together sleep 16.
Outside: Large gardens both at the front and the back open between both properties. Steps lead down from the balcony of Minor to the rear garden.
Parking Ample parking in the drive.
Thorpe Arnold Minor Accommodation:
Hallway. Ground floor: 1 twin bedroom, 1 double bedroom with 2 x 3ft zip linked beds. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. First floor : Open plan living room area well furnished with 3 piece suite and TV/DVD, Sky TV package, Wireless Broadband, patio doors to balcony, dining table and chairs, kitchen area, equipped with fitted cupboards, electric cooker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and microwave. Second floor: One twin bedroom. Double bedroom with 2 x 3ft zip linked beds with en-suite shower room with shower, basin and WC. Utility room with eashing machine and tumble dryer.
- Included: Bed linen, (not towels), travel cot, high chair, electricity and heating (night storage) Wifi. (towels may be hired from an independent hire company - details from Toad Hall Cottages.)
- Security deposit £150.
- Pets: Well mannered pets allowed (maximum of 2, garden not dog proof)
- Telephone for incoming, outgoing local and 999 calls only. Mobile reception mixed. Wireless Broadband available.
- Local facilities: Beaches: Cowrie beach 5 minutes walk. Beaches at Thurlestone Sands approximately 10 minutes walk. Village Inn and Post Office/shop 400 metres. Golf Club half mile (course adjacent to garden and immediately accessible).Pay to play (handicap required).
- Thurlestone Golf Course is ideally located for those who love to play a round and welcomes visitors to relax and unwind.
- The Village Inn serves food and drink daily and has a wonderful, welcoming atmosphere for anyone who wishes to relax and unwind.
- Thurlestone is well catered for with a village shop and post office offering all the things you may need for a self catered holiday in South Devon.
Whether you’re kite surfing, paddleboarding or wild swimming, South Devon provides fantastically scenic opportunities for trying out all sorts of adventure sports.
Walk the miles of stunning South West Coast Path (with your four-legged friend if staying at a pet-friendly property), stopping off in quaint villages and deserted coves.
Devon boasts Britain’s Ocean City, Plymouth, steeped in seafaring history, or for a spot of retail therapy why not visit historic Exeter.
You’ll feel closer to nature whilst in Devon, but if you fancy a more exotic experience, try Paignton Zoo or the National Marine Aquarium for great family days out.
Explore the quaint villages, miles of beaches and walk the coast path in South Devon, making sure you stop off for a cream tea en route!
Property reviews for Thorpe Arnold Minor
We have stayed at Minor and/or Major several times as we love the fabulous location with the beautiful sea views, stunning evening sunsets and close proximity to the coast path, beaches and village. The new interior of the recently refurbished Thorpe Arnold Minor is lovely (although we were quite happy with the 'old' look) and the provision of bed linen is a big bonus. We also think the addition of the steps down from the balcony to the new terraced area is a great asset although we did not make use of it in late September, despite some warm, sunny days. Access to Wifi also a huge advantage. Looking forward to our visit next year already!
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.