- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Short Breaks: No
- Pets allowed: No
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Smoke free property
- Property Code TURTL
- Washing Machine
- Broadband Connection
- Golf Course nearby
- Nearby beaches
- Village location
- Nearby Pub
- Nearby shop
- Central Heating
- Detached Property
- Multiple Bathrooms
Tucked away down a quiet lane in the pretty village of Bigbury in South Devon, close to the seaside village of Bigbury on Sea this holiday home offers spacious, top class accommodation in a traditional Devon thatched cottage. Totally renovated throughout it provides all the creature comforts a guest could require together with views of the sea from the large sunny garden and plenty of parking. The large comfortable lounge opens onto a secluded rear patio, perfect for al fresco dining and there is also a separate dining room and snug. A five minute drive, which passes the local pay and play golf course takes you straight to the coast and the wonderful sandy beaches of Bigbury on Sea. This is a Mecca for all things surfing, including kite and wind surfing, but the beaches are also perfect for families of all ages. The many attractions of South Devon are easily accessible by car and a short walk up the lane will bring you to The Royal Oak pub and a small village shop. This is a delightful cottage situated in one of the loveliest corners of the UK and we are delighted to be able to offer it to discerning holiday makers.
"We have really enjoyed our stay at Turtlefields, the cottage is lovely. So spacious, we often lost each other. The garden is beautiful, especially the butterflies and sea views." The Adams Family
Side door to hallway with cloakroom. A short flight of stairs to the spacious lounge with feature fireplace, furnished with two sofas and armchair, a 32” flat screen TV and DVD. French windows to rear patio. Dining room off hallway with quarry tile floor and dining table and chairs to seat 6. Adjoining cottage style kitchen with bespoke oak kitchen units, Rangemaster cooker with twin ovens and dishwasher. Utility room with fridge, separate freezer, microwave and washing machine. Snug off kitchen with two armchairs and additional TV/DVD. Stairs to first floor from both dining room and snug. 3 well-proportioned bedrooms each with pretty window seats. Double bedroom with 5ft bed and hanging space. Master double bedroom with 5ft bed. Family bathroom with roll top bath, separate shower cubicle, hand basin and WC. Twin bedroom with two 3ft single beds. Second bathroom with roll top bath and WC.
Rear patio furnished with garden table and chairs. Steps lead up to a small cottage garden that continues into a larger gently sloping garden laid to lawn with established trees and shrubs and distant views of the sea. Regrettably as the cottage is thatched barbecues are not permitted.
Parking: For two cars on gated driveway beside the cottage.
- Included: Bed linen, towels (no beach towels), WiFi, travel cot, high chair, electricity and cental heating (oil and under floor in lounge).
- Telephone: For incoming calls only. Phonebox in the village.
- Local Facilities: Beach at Bigbury on Sea 1.5 miles. Golf course 1 mile (pay and play). Pub, The Royal Oak and shop around the corner, shop and pub at St Ann’s Chapel, half a mile. Kingsbridge 6 miles and Modbury 4 miles.
- Woodlands adventure park is situated just outside of Dartmouth, with water slides, indoor and outdoor play areas its fun for all the family.
- Salcombe is internationally renowned for its stunning harbour. It also provides a great collection of independent shops and restaurants.
- The South Devon Railway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Devon, where steam engines travel through seven miles of picturesque countryside.
- Plymouth Hoe offers magnificent views over Plymouth Sound. With the lighthouse, lido and war memorial, the Hoe is perfect for a stroll along the seafront, grabbing a bite and watching the sunset.
- The outstanding natural beauty of Dartmoor covers much of Devon and is perfect for walkers of all ages.
- Paignton Zoo is an excellent day out for the young and old alike. Situated in South Devon, the abundance of wildlife is not to be missed.
Property reviews for TurtlefieldsThere are no reviews available at the moment, why not add a review of your stay here?
Thank you for submitting a review!
The review has been sent to our property department for moderation and should show up shortly.