Join us on another culinary adventure as we embark on the latest chapter of Mr Toad’s Food & Drink Month with some more gastronomic delights courtesy of our friends at Tideford Organics of Totnes, who for their final recipe will be adding their organic and vegan flair to a popular dish hailing from the Indian subcontinent and Mughlai cuisine. Bon Appétit!
Tideford Organics’ Roasted Cauliflower, Aubergine & Red Pepper Korma
2 x pots of Tideford Organics Vegan Coconut Korma
½ small cauliflower, cut into chunks
1 small aubergine, cut into chunks
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
½ teaspoon salt
2 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
2 tbsp fresh coriander.
- Start by preheating your oven to 220 ֯C / 200 ֯C / gas mark 7 / 425 ֯F.
- Place the aubergine, cauliflower and red pepper in a roasting tray and scatter over the salt. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons of the oil, toss everything together and then spread out in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are soft and tinged with brown.
- Place the Korma sauce in a pan & add the roasted vegetables.
- Bring to a simmer and bubble gently for 5 minutes.
- Scatter with the toasted flaked almonds and the fresh coriander and serve with turmeric rice.
Cook up a storm in the kitchen when you book a self-catering holiday with Toad Hall Cottages. Shop at the West Country farmers’ markets or forage from mother nature’s larder to enjoy brunch at the breakfast bar or supper on the sun terrace.