- Property code: BLACKD
- Changeover day: Friday
- 2 or more bathrooms
- Access statement available
- Central heating
- Designated parking
- May be suitable for those with mobility problems
- Discount for small parties
- Ground floor accommodation
- Garden or outside space
- Real fire
- Short breaks available
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
Nestled on gentle slopes between Honiton and Cullompton in East Devon is a stylish and contemporary 6-bedroom Eco house enjoying stunning views over the surrounding Blackdown Hills. The accommodation is fashionably furnished throughout with original art and enjoys a double height lounge area with bi-fold doors leading directly to the decked terrace running the width of the house, perfect for alfresco dining. With an impressive 6 bedrooms, the master bedroom on the first floor has the benefit of an ensuite shower room and also enjoys its own private balcony from which to relax and take in the view. There are 3 further bedrooms and a family bathroom on the first floor and 2 further bedrooms located on the ground floor, one of which has been designed for wheel chair users with a flexible Jack and Jill/ensuite wet room. There are 10 acres of which to explore and a small marlpit fishing lake for those enthusiasts and for those who wish to venture further there are some great woodland walks within a short stroll.
The house is located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and ideally situated for visiting both Exmoor and Dartmoor, both of which are less than an hour’s drive from the house. Sidmouth and the Jurassic Coast is also only 40 minutes away.
With so much on offer, this is the perfect space for large groups or family reunions!
Ground floor: Entrance hall. Bedroom 5 with TV and 4ft 6 double bed and the option of ensuite wet room (Jack and Jill arrangement). Bedroom 6 with TV and zip link bed (please note this room will be made up as a 6ft double unless specified otherwise). Open plan living space. Lounge area with TV, L shape sofa, 2 further sofas and an armchair. Dining area with table and seating for 12. Kitchen area with breakfast bar and stools, single oven, convector oven microwave, further microwave, drinks cooler, freestanding larder fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and washer/dryer.
First floor: Gallery landing with glass balustrading. Bedroom 4 with TV and two 3ft single beds and full-length window with Juliet balcony. Bedroom 3 with TV and 4 ft 6 double bed and full-length window with Juliet balcony. Bedroom 2 with TV and two 3ft single beds and full-length window with Juliet balcony. Family bathroom with Velux roof light, bath with shower over, WC, basin and heated towel rail. Master bedroom with TV and 4ft 6 double bed and fully glazed doors to the private balcony complete with bistro table and chairs, perfect for enjoying the far-reaching countryside views. Ensuite shower room with WC, basin, walk in shower and heated towel rail. TV’s in all bedrooms and the lounge.
Blackdown views is set within its own 10 acres, some of which is grazed by friendly sheep. There is also a small Marlpit lake perfect for a spot of fishing. There is a decked terrace directly adjoining the open plan living space, with a hot tub to one side, perfect for taking in the view. There is also a paved barbeque area to the side of the house with large outside garden table and chairs and a hot tub. The garden is bordered by fencing and plants.
Ample on driveway.
- Security Deposit: You will be approached by the owners to pay a £250 refundable damage deposit prior to arrival.
- Included: Bed linen and towels (guests are required to provide their own beach/dog towels). Water, Electricity, underfloor heating (ground floor) & oil central heating (first floor). Hot tub.2 Travel cots, 2 high chairs and retractable stairgates. One complimentary basket of logs is provided on arrival. Additional logs can be provided for £5 per basket, this can be arranged directly with the owner. Flowers, prosecco, chocolates, coffee, tea and milk.
- Internet and Telephone: Wi-Fi available free of charge. Regret, No landline telephone available. Mobile reception generally fair but please check with your provider prior to booking.
- Pets: Up to 3 well behaved dogs welcome. Dog charge £25.00 per dog per week (£30.00 per dog per week from January 2019).
- Local Facilities:
Nearest beach (Beer Beach, Seaton) 19 miles;
Nearest shop (Highfield Stores, Dunkeswell) 4 miles;
Nearest pub (The Catherine Wheel, Hemyock) 3.5 miles;
Nearest Café (Common Loaf Bakery and Tea Room) 2 miles;
Nearest Town (Honiton) 8 miles.
Thank you for letting us be the first people to stay in your house! We have had lots of fun, especially in the hot tub and fishing in the lake!