- Property code: BHORS
- Changeover day: Friday
- Nearby shop
- Designated parking
- 2 or more bathrooms
- Discount for small parties
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Short Breaks available
- May be suitable for those with mobility problems
- Garden or outside space
- Washing machine
- Ground floor accommodation
Bowood Farm is ideally located for touring the North Devon and Cornish coastline. The three attractive cottages have all been restored and renovated, each retaining their own character. They adjoin the farmhouse and are within the farm’s south facing courtyard and set amongst peaceful open countryside with fine views and nine acres of fields to be explored. For the energetic, it is only two miles from the dramatic coastal path and quayside of Bideford, with tennis, golf and indoor swimming; for the children, Westward Ho! with its superb sandy beach is just 3 miles away; for the gardening enthusiasts, Rosemoor R.H.S. is a mere 10 miles and for walkers and riders Exmoor beckons from 19 miles. The added attractions of Atlantic Village, Clovelly and The Big Sheep are all close by as well and only a five minute stroll brings you to the village with church, post office and thatched pub. Guests to Bowood Farm Cottages have the use of a games room too.
Please note: Horseshoe Barn may be suitable for those with walking disabilities and/or wheelchairs. Access is via a concrete ramp and there is a rail in the downstairs WC. A shower chair, an over bed/chair table and tools for those with gripping difficulties are also provided.
"Wonderful holiday, loved Bowood" April 2017.
"Lovely cottage with beautiful surroundings. Had everything we needed...The cream tea was a lovely touch." January 2013.
Beamed sitting room with 3 sofas, TV and doors to a small garden. Kitchen/diner with electric cooker, dishwasher, microwave, coffee percolator, fridge/freezer and dining table to seat eight. Double bedroom with 4ft 6in double bed and cot. Adjacent shower room with shower, basin and WC. Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer. Luggage cupboard. Stairs up to first floor. Second double bedroom with 4ft 6in double bed. Two twin bedrooms with two 3ft single bed in each room. Bathroom with bath, electric shower over, basin and WC.
Each cottage has a small, enclosed garden (garden furniture supplied) with a secure gate to the fields beyond, part post and rail fenced and part stock-proof fenced.
- Included: WiFi. Bed linen, towels, travel cot and high chair.
- Electricity and Heating (night storage): By £1 slot meters (owners provide pounds).
- Pets: Dogs are welcome, but must be sheep friendly. Pet charge £25.00 per pet per week.
- Telephone: No telephone provided. Mobile reception mixed. WiFi available.
- May be suitable for those with walking disabilities. Please discuss property's suitability prior to booking.
- Local Facilities: Good village pub/restaurant and shop a quarter of a mile. Supermarket (Asda) 1 mile. Bideford 3 miles. Barnstaple 10 miles.
Lovely quiet location, great to have an enclosed garden for the dog and the extra field behind. Didn't hear anyone from other properties which is a bonus. Downstairs bedroom and bathroom were ideal for my elderly mother. Had a lovely week.
Wonderful holiday - love Bowood