- Property code: BRIDCT
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Central heating
- Parking (see description for details)
- Garden or outside space
- Nearby pub or restaurant
- Real fire
- Short breaks available
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
New accommodation for 2018
Bridge Cottage is an attractive property in the pretty village of Powerstock, West Dorset. Cosy, comfortable, with the addition of a welcoming Woodburner in the colder climes of the year. The cottage has a very homely feel to it, perfect for couples or a small family with some great walks from the doorstep . The cottage is an ideal base from which to explore The Jurassic Coast and all it has to offer. West Bay which featured on the TV drama Broadchurch is only five miles away and the spectacular World Heritage Coastline is within easy driving distance. Lyme Regis and Charmouth (famous for fossils), Abbotsbury, and the county town of Dorchester is not far away and the lively market town of Bridport has plenty of shops, bars and restaurants to satisfy everyone.
Powerstock is in the heart of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with wonderful walks up to Eggardon Hill Fort above the village. The popular beach of West Bay is only 5 miles away on the Jurassic Coast and there are other attractions close by to suit all tastes including the Sub Tropical Gardens of Abbotsbury, fishing trips, fossil hunting at Charmouth, horse riding and much more. The Three Horseshoes and The Marquis of Lorne offers good Dorset food, within walking distance of the cottage.
Please click on this link to also see The Old School House nearby, for a group booking catering for up to 12 guests.
Short Break Information: Short breaks are available at this property, please call 01297 443550 to book or to find out prices.
Front door to small lobby. Leads to Lounge/diner with two-seater sofas, Flatscreen TV, DVD, Woodburner, dining table and chairs. Kitchen is equipped with electric double oven and hob, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge and microwave. Rear door to garden. Ground floor Family bathroom with shower over bath, wash basin and W.C. Stairs from lobby to Bedroom 1 with 4ft 6inch double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin 3 ft beds.
Private garden to the rear with small patio area and outdoor furniture and parasol. There is also a large grassed area to the side of the cottage, with a picnic table beside the small river (children must be supervised).
Parking to the side and front of the cottage, for 2 cars.
- Included: All bed linen and towels, (please bring your own beach towels), electricity, Oil fired central heating, WiFi, one high chair, one travel cot. First basket of logs supplied (October to April).
- Telephone: Mobile signal very good - 4G coverage.
- Pets: One well behaved small dog welcome in public areas of property only (not bedrooms). Pet Charge: £30.00 per pet per week.
- Local facilities: Two pubs with good reputation for food and within a very short walk. Beach: West Bay 5 miles. Shops: 4 miles.
- Short Break Information: Short breaks are available at this property, please call 01297 443550 to book or to find out prices.
- No Smoking
Very lovely cottage and location.